Turn on thread page Beta

Put it into perspective first, you might ideally want it higher or lower but you will get the point.

Would you rather have:

A salary of £30,000 doing a job you enjoy, that is very little stress and not tiring.

A salary of £45,000 doing a job you don't enjoy which gives you large amounts of stress and is so tiring you get home and fall asleep in the chair quite a few nights.

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    £30000 for sure. Money isn't that much of a big deal for me, especially when it's only £15000 more, which relatively speaking is not much. Job satisfaction however...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    £30000 for sure. Money isn't that much of a big deal for me, especially when it's only £15000 more, which relatively speaking is not much. Job satisfaction however...
    Ohhh, youu lie.

ReputationRep:
    £30,000. Well what's the point if you are always tired and stressed, just doesn't seem like it's worth it. Besides £30,000 for me would be fine. And I will be stress free.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the £30,000. I'd hate to get home and have no life outside of work, being too tired/stressed from work, etc. I'd rather cut back on some luxuries, and 30k is still decent to live on.

ReputationRep:
    The £30,000 one. Theres no point in earning loads of money if you carn't go out on a night to enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    The enjoyable job, without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    The £45,000 job sounds like college to me! Maybe this thread is trying to tell me something.

ReputationRep:
    £30k, but show me a 30k job that's a walk in the park as you describe...

ReputationRep:
    The lower paid job!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really identify with this question. A job I enjoy would necessarily be both stressful and tiring.

(Original post by a.posteriori)
    I don't really identify with this question. A job I enjoy would necessarily be both stressful and tiring.
    You enjoy being tired and stressed out of choice?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the £30,000. I would go with the other option if the salary was higher, but hard to say personally. Maybe for £50,000+ I'd do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.posteriori)
    Necessarily stressful, or necessarily pressured? Probably a subtle difference, people thrive under pressure, they don't thrive when they're stressed and it has sort of nasty health effects.

Tiring, yeah, I can understand that. You want to feel like you've done a hard day's work.

ReputationRep:
    im indifferent

\thread is soaked with bias

ReputationRep:
    If a job is too easy its boring, so I'd take the stressful job on 45k and just deal with the stress, savour it!

ReputationRep:
    I would choose the £30,000 job, for definite.

ReputationRep:
    45k job. I get holidays right?

ReputationRep:
    £30,000. I work to live not live to work. I would never do something I hate just for money.

ReputationRep:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.