The Student Room Group

What job would you take...

Put it into perspective first, you might ideally want it higher or lower but you will get the point.

Would you rather have:

A salary of £30,000 doing a job you enjoy, that is very little stress and not tiring.

A salary of £45,000 doing a job you don't enjoy which gives you large amounts of stress and is so tiring you get home and fall asleep in the chair quite a few nights.

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
£30000 for sure. Money isn't that much of a big deal for me, especially when it's only £15000 more, which relatively speaking is not much. Job satisfaction however...
Reply 2
Democracy
£30000 for sure. Money isn't that much of a big deal for me, especially when it's only £15000 more, which relatively speaking is not much. Job satisfaction however...

Ohhh, youu lie.
£30,000. Well what's the point if you are always tired and stressed, just doesn't seem like it's worth it. Besides £30,000 for me would be fine. :smile: And I will be stress free.
Definitely the £30,000. I'd hate to get home and have no life outside of work, being too tired/stressed from work, etc. I'd rather cut back on some luxuries, and 30k is still decent to live on.
The £30,000 one. Theres no point in earning loads of money if you carn't go out on a night to enjoy it.
Reply 6
The enjoyable job, without a doubt.
The £45,000 job sounds like college to me! Maybe this thread is trying to tell me something.
£30k, but show me a 30k job that's a walk in the park as you describe...
Reply 9
The lower paid job! :smile:
I don't really identify with this question. A job I enjoy would necessarily be both stressful and tiring.
Reply 11
a.posteriori
I don't really identify with this question. A job I enjoy would necessarily be both stressful and tiring.

You enjoy being tired and stressed out of choice?
Definitely the £30,000. I would go with the other option if the salary was higher, but hard to say personally. Maybe for £50,000+ I'd do it.
a.posteriori

Necessarily stressful, or necessarily pressured? Probably a subtle difference, people thrive under pressure, they don't thrive when they're stressed and it has sort of nasty health effects.

Tiring, yeah, I can understand that. You want to feel like you've done a hard day's work.
Reply 14
im indifferent

\thread is soaked with bias
If a job is too easy its boring, so I'd take the stressful job on 45k and just deal with the stress, savour it!
I would choose the £30,000 job, for definite.
Reply 17
45k job. I get holidays right?
Reply 18
£30,000. I work to live not live to work. I would never do something I hate just for money.

Latest

Trending

Trending