Turn on thread page Beta

For the past few weeks or so, the girl who I've had a major crush for ages has been getting closer with my best friend. I introduced them to each other at Uni, because she goes to the same university as me but different to him.

Since meeting her 6 months ago, I became infatuated by her, constantly thinking about her and stuff. It became an obsession which I know is ridiculous but I couldn't help. During the Christmas holidays I saw her almost everyday at places and all those feelings I had came back. I am always more nervous around her then other girls, but despite that I had a thought in the back of my mind that she isn't really interested in me.

However, with my best friend she has recently begun texting, fb convo-ing etc and they seem to be borderline flirting within 2 weeks whilst I've known her and tried to get to know her for 6 months

I've accepted I probably have no chance with her, but I don't know how to fully move on because any time my friend tells me something which occurred between them I feel like my insides have been ripped out. Its so irrational because I'm almost 99% that she doesn't feel the same about me. Also, about my friend, if he does go out with her, how should I react as I really don't think I could continue our friendship? I've told him how much she means to me, and he knows how low I got at times.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.