Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nose Piercinggg! watch

• View Poll Results: Should I get it done?!
    Yes! ^_^
    65.22%
    No. o_o
    34.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Poorly trained piercers are the way forward i agree :rolleyes:
    I'd agree with you on most cases, but something as simple as a labret bar I wasn't too worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    I'd agree with you on most cases, but something as simple as a labret bar I wasn't too worried.
    Well personally i wouldn't let someone who was only good in "most" cases loose with a needle near my face but whatever floats your boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    Helloooo darling TSR!

Okay, I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have some questions for you lovely people.

1. Do you think nose piercings are nice/attractive?
    2. Do you think it would suit me?:sexface:
    3. Does it hurt?:eek3:
    4. How much on average do they cost?

Thank you<333
    Meg.
    I had my nose done a few years ago. Didn't hurt, just felt lightheaded after.

I really think piercing look trashy and common outside of certain cultures, I've long since taken mine out.

ReputationRep:
    Is it worse than ears? I'd guess so. :o:

I love your hair:eek3:!
    Haha thankyou. It is a little worse than ears. The pain can be quite a shock but it lasts approximately 5 seconds. Its over so quickly.

Make sure you use a needle, not a gun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Haha thankyou. It is a little worse than ears. The pain can be quite a shock but it lasts approximately 5 seconds. Its over so quickly.

Make sure you use a needle, not a gun.
    -nod-
    Its no problem And okay, I got a bit of fright at ears - I didnt like the loud noise.:rolleyes: What side do you think is best to get it on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    I had my nose done a few years ago. Didn't hurt, just felt lightheaded after.

I really think piercing look trashy and common outside of certain cultures, I've long since taken mine out.
    You've said that twice but thumbs up for calling people like me common God bless my middle class upbringing

ReputationRep:
    You've said that twice but thumbs up for calling people like me common God bless my middle class upbringing
    God bless mines too! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Already been dealt with, its over. If you have nothing nice to say, dont say it. Thank yooou
    sorry just being honest...a lot of things in this thread have already been said, im just agreeing with someone elses view.
    you should learn to take criticism

ReputationRep:
    yes but in two different threads.
    and erm congratulations for being middle class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rain4475)
    sorry just being honest...a lot of things in this thread have already been said, im just agreeing with someone elses view.
    you should learn to take criticism
    I should. But I wont.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    yes but in two different threads.
    and erm congratulations for being middle class?
    Aww thanks

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo darling TSR!

Okay, I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have some questions for you lovely people.

1. Do you think nose piercings are nice/attractive?
    2. Do you think it would suit me?:sexface:
    3. Does it hurt?:eek3:
    4. How much on average do they cost?

Thank you<333
    Meg.
    I love nose piercings, I don't think I've seen anyone who didn't suit it. I think you would look good with it And ps. in my opinion you aren't wearing too much makeup.. it's just some eye makeup, and I think it looks nice on you. I see people in college that trowel their makeup on everyday, they are the ones who should be worrying..

ReputationRep:
    The main reason nose piercings shouldn't be done with a gun is because they are only designed to pierce ear lobes (just fat tissue) and aren't ergonomically correct for that piercing (its the same for the top of the ear). Also, it will not 'shatter' the cartilage - this is a myth. If you think about it a gun punches the stud through and should technically put a 'butterfly' back on the inside of the nose - who would want to have to take that off to change the jewellery? (I had it done to me, it was horrible).

With a needle it 'carves' a small piece of tissue away and a much smaller and prettier piece of jewellery can be put in rather than having a fairly big stud designed for an ear which would be protruding quite far into your nose.

I have had it done with both, the gun hurts less and is quicker but with a needle you can have pretty jewellery in from the start and won't have to fiddle with it to change it - causing problems. So I'd say go for a needle, if the piercer knows what they're doing they'll make it as quick and painless as possible.

ReputationRep:
    -nod-
    Its no problem And okay, I got a bit of fright at ears - I didnt like the loud noise.:rolleyes: What side do you think is best to get it on?
    Well mine's in my right nostril, but one of best friends has hers in her left nostril haha. So its all on personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethBM)
    I love nose piercings, I don't think I've seen anyone who didn't suit it. I think you would look good with it And ps. in my opinion you aren't wearing too much makeup.. it's just some eye makeup, and I think it looks nice on you. I see people in college that trowel their makeup on everyday, they are the ones who should be worrying..
    Thank you! I might put a poll up, to see if I should get one or not. But I'm swaying towards one:yep:.
    And thanks:hugs: - I know what you mean:p:

ReputationRep:
    Well mine's in my right nostril, but one of best friends has hers in her left nostril haha. So its all on personal preference.
    How did you decide:p:? Im not sure. What hand do you write with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_aldridge1987)
    The main reason nose piercings shouldn't be done with a gun is because they are only designed to pierce ear lobes (just fat tissue) and aren't ergonomically correct for that piercing (its the same for the top of the ear). Also, it will not 'shatter' the cartilage - this is a myth. If you think about it a gun punches the stud through and should technically put a 'butterfly' back on the inside of the nose - who would want to have to take that off to change the jewellery? (I had it done to me, it was horrible).

With a needle it 'carves' a small piece of tissue away and a much smaller and prettier piece of jewellery can be put in rather than having a fairly big stud designed for an ear which would be protruding quite far into your nose.

I have had it done with both, the gun hurts less and is quicker but with a needle you can have pretty jewellery in from the start and won't have to fiddle with it to change it - causing problems. So I'd say go for a needle, if the piercer knows what they're doing they'll make it as quick and painless as possible.
    I'd say the main reason was the fact that guns are riddled with bacteria because they cannot be cleaned properly and they are forcing a blunt pierce of metal through your body. I would put "the jewellery isn't that pretty" at 3rd or 4th but a valid point none the less.

ReputationRep:
    How did you decide:p:? Im not sure. What hand do you write with?
    My right hand. Oddly enough, I chose to have my cartilage piercing on my right ear as well.
    However, my mum has a tiny stone in her nose too, and thats in her left nostril. She also has a cartilage piercing and thats in her left ear. Spoooooky :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    My right hand. Oddly enough, I chose to have my cartilage piercing on my right ear as well.
    However, my mum has a tiny stone in her nose too, and thats in her left nostril. She also has a cartilage piercing and thats in her left ear. Spoooooky :eek3:
    Spooky indeed:eek: Thought quite cool.:cool:
    I write with my right hand, but I wear a bracelet on my left wrist. I dont know if I should balance things out?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the main reason was the fact that guns are riddled with bacteria because they cannot be cleaned properly and they are forcing a blunt pierce of metal through your body. I would put "the jewellery isn't that pretty" at 3rd or 4th but a valid point none the less.
    It's true that the actual gun itself can't be sterilised but the stud packs are sterile and come with the receptacle for the stud and back in them sterilised...so if the piercer is wearing gloves and changes them whilst setting up the gun it technically isn't a problem - but then again I'm talking about ear lobes here. They shouldn't be used for the nose the same as any other part of the body as they are technically only designed for the ear lobe, with the whole punching of a blunt bit of metal through you :p: haha.

I'm not arguing on the side of guns, I am a body piercer myself who doesn't use them for anything but ear lobes but have had my nose pierced with one (with no problems).

So yeah, get it pierced with a needle!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.