Turn on thread page Beta

Nose Piercinggg! watch

• View Poll Results: Should I get it done?!
    Yes! ^_^
    65.22%
    No. o_o
    34.78%

ReputationRep:
    Left side is traditional.. well thats the side all my family members have it on, but thats a cultural thing.
    I don't think ordinarily it has any signifcance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_aldridge1987)
    It's true that the actual gun itself can't be sterilised but the stud packs are sterile and come with the receptacle for the stud and back in them sterilised...so if the piercer is wearing gloves and changes them whilst setting up the gun it technically isn't a problem - but then again I'm talking about ear lobes here. They shouldn't be used for the nose the same as any other part of the body as they are technically only designed for the ear lobe, with the whole punching of a blunt bit of metal through you :p: haha.

I'm not arguing on the side of guns, I am a body piercer myself who doesn't use them for anything but ear lobes but have had my nose pierced with one (with no problems).

So yeah, get it pierced with a needle!
    You cannot call yourself a piercer but be happy to pierce with a gun. It's an awful practice. You should be ashamed of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done about 3 weeks ago, left nostril, at Classix in York. It hurt a bit, but I love how it looks....I suppose it depends on your face though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    I got mine done about 3 weeks ago, left nostril, at Classix in York. It hurt a bit, but I love how it looks....I suppose it depends on your face though.
    How so? ^^

ReputationRep:
    1: They are attractive on those with noses that suit them

2. Try it out - you can always take it out

3. I've had two lip piercings done and my top ear and the pain is bare-able and soon disappears :P

4. The peircing parlour i go to does them for £10 or £15 you might be able to find places that do them cheaper, however they will probably do it with the gun which can cause infections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    You cannot call yourself a piercer but be happy to pierce with a gun. It's an awful practice. You should be ashamed of yourself.

No, I'm not ashamed of myself. I use them to pierce ear lobes as they're designed to be, nothing else. If people are concerned and choose to have their ear lobes pierced with a needle then that is their choice and I will do that for them, but in all honesty not a lot of people do.

You can't really say that to me when most piercers use guns to pierce ears and sometimes the ear cartilage and noses, which is incorrect. I will not argue with people on the use of them, unless you have pierced thousands of ears as I have and seen the results (healed piercings) you do not have an argument.

I did not post on here for an argument, just to give my opinion...

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done two weeks ago and love it!! I think some people can look like right knobs with it done, so I stick with a small little white twinkly gem in mine, as I'm anxious that any other colour will look like a spot. It does hurt, but its more like an ache afterwards so I shouldn't worry about that too much. Blue Banana did mine for £12, which sounds pretty reasonable. That comes with the stud and some tea tree oil to prevent infections and the like...

ReputationRep:
    A stud is fine. A ring may make you look like a bull.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mine cost about £15. It does hurt, but only for a second or two

It's in my right nostril :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    Spooky indeed:eek: Thought quite cool.:cool:
    I write with my right hand, but I wear a bracelet on my left wrist. I dont know if I should balance things out?
    I do understand the whole "balancing out" thing. I'm getting another cartilage piercing and thats gonna be on my left ear.
    However, its not really necessary to balance things out if you havent got many piercings.

Edit: I've just seen your profile picture and you'd really suit a nose piercing (a jem or stone though, not a stud). A pale green or light blue one would look nice.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd suit it I have my septum (the weird middle of your nose one that nobody likes ) done and it was fine being pierced but a complete ***** to heal for a month or so afterwards. My friend had his nose done the way you're on about and said it was one of his worst piercings in terms of pain and healing, but he didn't go to a decent place so i'm not sure on that front

But yes, needles all the way! And mine cost £25, just depends where you go on the price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    I do understand the whole "balancing out" thing. I'm getting another cartilage piercing and thats gonna be on my left ear.
    However, its not really necessary to balance things out if you havent got many piercings.

Edit: I've just seen your profile picture and you'd really suit a nose piercing (a jem or stone though, not a stud). A pale green or light blue one would look nice.
    I only have my ears done so far - so I think I might get it on my left nostril, and using a stone or gem...but whats the difference between those and a stud? XD
    Ooh, colour options. Thank you!:woo: Do you get to choose what you get in your nose when they pierce, if you know what I mean ^^?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francake)
    I think you'd suit it I have my septum (the weird middle of your nose one that nobody likes ) done and it was fine being pierced but a complete ***** to heal for a month or so afterwards. My friend had his nose done the way you're on about and said it was one of his worst piercings in terms of pain and healing, but he didn't go to a decent place so i'm not sure on that front

But yes, needles all the way! And mine cost £25, just depends where you go on the price
    Thank you!:woo:
    My friend (shes called Megan too XD) wants to get her septum done, so I think were going to go together.

Go, go, needles! :yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.