Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im looking to study biochemistry at bristol university but cannot seem to find detailed information on the course structure. On other universities websites they break down the course into modules eg proteins, genetics, immunology whereas bristol only says 'biology' 'pharmocology.'
    Does anyone know a more detailed break down of the course?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bristol.ac.uk/biochemistr...ions/prog.html

Dunno how you managed to miss it! :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi to the person looking at doing biochem at bristol, im on that course atm, any questions just ask The website isnt in much detail but i obviously know about it!

ReputationRep:
    hi, i've applied for biochem at bristol and ive only just got my offer today... (they rejected me before christmas and changed their minds today!)

anyway, i was just wondering if you could tell me generally about the course and the uni? mainly, how much plant biochem is there compared to human/mammal biochem? also where's the best accommodation?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkFlamingo19)
    Hi to the person looking at doing biochem at bristol, im on that course atm, any questions just ask The website isnt in much detail but i obviously know about it!
    hi, i've applied for biochem at bristol and ive only just got my offer today... (they rejected me before christmas and changed their minds today!)

anyway, i was just wondering if you could tell me generally about the course and the uni? mainly, how much plant biochem is there compared to human/mammal biochem? also where's the best accommodation?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daltse)

thanks!
    Hiii
    Well its mainly human related, we usually do the sorta normal function of something and then relate it to disease when something has gone wrong with the protein or whatever in discussion.
    There is some plant, we have done a little bit of photosynthesis, but in ties in well to the other humans cycles we have done, I find it suprisingly interesting.
    One third of the course is the compulsory biochemistry, one third compulsory chemistry and the other third an optional unit. For my optional unit I chose Anatomy to help balance out the chemistry with a more biological topic, but there are about 12 you can chose from - ranging from maths and physics to microbiology and tumour cells. Obviously you can direct this more to your own tastes, so if you didnt like the plant stuff or really did there would be things more suitable.
    As for accommodation, depends, did you want catered or selfcatered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkFlamingo19)
    Hi there, Is it possible to transfer to dentistry from Biochem at Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.murad)
    What year of your Dentistry course are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.murad)
    Pretty sure thats a no, to get into dentistry it is a far more rigorous process and there is much higher competition for the places. Biochemistry also have no links/module sharing etc with the dentistry department at all, so I don't see why they would transfer you.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.