Turn on thread page Beta

Just got rejected from job interview, company has my details - should i be worried? watch

ReputationRep:
    I went for a job interview for a call centre today, standard procedure, during the interview, i had to fill out a form, which asked for my personal details (bank account number/sort code, national insuarance number, photocopy of ID - in my case, they photocopied my passport ID)....yet after all that, i still got rejected.

I thought i was going to get the job, why would they ask for my personal details and then reject me?

Anyway, bottom line, i feel very uneasy about this. It's suppose to be quite a reputable call centre though (Pell&Bales fundraising company at old street) but i still feel uncomfortable about the fact that some indecisive **** now has my bank numbers, passport ID and national insurance number...which i practically gave away for nothing! I'm really hoping they'll burn my details!!!

Should i be worried about this or am i fretting over nothing? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Cant you ask them to destroy your information. There is no reason to be worried.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them to remove all details from their system...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arrrgh)
    i still feel uncomfortable about the fact that some indecisive **** now has my bank numbers, passport ID and national insurance number...
    First of all, they aren't indecisive: they decided not to offer you the job. Secondly, this is fairly standard practice in recruiting. An employer has a legal duty to assure himself of your identity and employment status in the UK, and to prove (should you succeed in conning him) that he took reasonable steps to do so. This involves keeping records that prove he went through the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    First of all, they aren't indecisive: they decided not to offer you the job. Secondly, this is fairly standard practice in recruiting. An employer has a legal duty to assure himself of your identity and employment status in the UK, and to prove (should you succeed in conning him) that he took reasonable steps to do so. This involves keeping records that prove he went through the process.
    Fair enough.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Feel abit more at ease now.

ReputationRep:
    I went for a job interview for a call centre today, standard procedure, during the interview, i had to fill out a form, which asked for my personal details (bank account number/sort code, national insuarance number, photocopy of ID - in my case, they photocopied my passport ID)....yet after all that, i still got rejected.

I thought i was going to get the job, why would they ask for my personal details and then reject me?

Anyway, bottom line, i feel very uneasy about this. It's suppose to be quite a reputable call centre though (Pell&Bales fundraising company at old street) but i still feel uncomfortable about the fact that some indecisive **** now has my bank numbers, passport ID and national insurance number...which i practically gave away for nothing! I'm really hoping they'll burn my details!!!

Did you get feedback on why you were rejected? I've got an interview with Pell & Bales on Monday and was wondering how to really secure I get the job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree69)
    Did you get feedback on why you were rejected? I've got an interview with Pell & Bales on Monday and was wondering how to really secure I get the job!
    You have just resurrected a thread that died almost two years ago and asked a question of someone who hasn't been on TSR for two months. Don't expect an answer from him too soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You have just resurrected a thread that died almost two years ago and asked a question of someone who hasn't been on TSR for two months. Don't expect an answer from him too soon.
    I can hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree69)
    I can hope.

How did your interview go? I have one with Pell & Bales tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview today but googled and now I am unsure of the company.
    Can someone who has been on an induction or is working there now please tell me what it is like to work there.

ReputationRep:

Hi Guys

I work for Pell & Bales so I know for definite that they are a professional organization to work for and I agree with GoodBloke in that we have a very fair recruitment process.

Also, on stumbling upon this comment yesterday I spoke to the recruitment department for you. So the reason we ask for details in advance is that if you are successful, we can process your pay as quickly as possible. The job is an immediate start so we usually recruit in large numbers, therefore it is important for us to have that information in advance to ensure employees are paid on time- should they be successful. If they are unsuccessful, the information can be shredded on their request and will not be used for any other purpose in strict accordance with the data protection act. So don’t worry, hope this helps and hope you were successful in finding a new position- I noticed this post was from a while back!

Thanks

Camille J

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2012
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.