Turn on thread page Beta

Please Keep Anon

Hey.

So basically when i started my 2nd year at uni away from home i didn’t have many friends, so i would spend a bit of time in the uni cafe/bar and eventually made friends with one of the staff (he’s in his twenties, like me). He was really nice and i always liked talking to him because we could have a laugh together. He introduced me to his other work colleague who was also really nice and with whom i still speak. It all started when we were talking one day and i asked if he would like to come to a concert held by a friend, so he told me to send him the info and he would see, so i did and he never got back to me. i was a little hurt, but I didn’t mind that because i had only know him for 5/6 months, but we had good convocations and i didn’t expect anything more. Then when i got back to uni for a new term (I’m in my 3rd year) i went to the cafe/bar and he saw me and walked away. His friend with whom i am close is always kind yet whenever he sees me he walks off or sometimes when im in the bar, he will just stare at me which makes me uncomfortable. It hurts because i have done nothing wrong, i didn’t mean to come on strong with him (i had a boyfriend at the time i invited him to the gig, though we never spoke about are relationships), i only wanted to make a friend. I just want to confront him, but i can’t apologise i don’t think i have done anything wrong, it’s hard to ever go back to the bar because i know he does not like me now, which hurts because 1)I thought he was nice and i still want to be friends and 2) the friendship i have made with his friend. (He knows nothing of the tension that’s there)So now i can’t go and see him because the other guy is always there.
    I just need some advise, because i would like to go back to the uni bar and also because i don’t want him to hate me.
    Thanks

(Bumped as this took a while to approve)

ReputationRep:
    just go in there and ask him straight out. thinking and worrying over it will get you no where because you are not doing anything constructive about it. there may be a reason like he has a girlfriend or something, but otherwise it sounds like he is acting totally out of order. take control, go in, and ask him what is going on. good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.