Turn on thread page Beta

Maths GCSE retake watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hello, my first post

    I am in college right now, doing Biology Chemistry Economics and Media.
    Media was a mistake
    I want to do Maths at AS level, so I at least have that to put on my UCAS form to apply for Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy. But my GCSE Maths prediction of A turned into a C :mad:
    I was wondering if I could retake this GCSE, even though it seems a bit late, and hopefully improve my grade so I have the minimum of B to study Maths AS at college.

    If so, when can I retake, do I have to go to my old school?
    If not, can I do this privately?

    Thank you for any help.

    I would sugest talking to your college that your at right now? Im guessing your in year 12 and will be able to resit the GCSE maths exams in june which means your be able to do Maths AS next year while taking A2's in Bio,Chem and Eco

    You can take the exam at any centre that is willing to accept you - you do not need to go back to your old school. Most FE colleges run re-take programmes in English and Maths. Providing you can demonstrate a suitable level of ability, the college may be flexible on the entry requirements.
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.