Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tough on Crime, Tough on the Causes of Crime : Black Gang to Visit Lake District watch

(Original post by DarkWhite)
    I agree with this somewhat. Possibly because I do so much with the outdoors, I meet people trying it for the first time and they love it straight away. Not everybody will, but hey, it's worth a shot.

What I don't agree with is the cost. £80 000? It cost me £95 to go to The Highlands for 4 days, which included food, accommodation, 2 days with qualified Mountain Guides (VERY experienced people) and the hiring of a bucket load of equipment. I'm trying to understand how it could even cost that much. That's £4 000 for each person, so £667 per day. How can somebody spend that much in The Lakes doing outdoor stuff?
    Exactly what my thought was (first page)

I presume it is because they need to employ about 50 bureaucrats to book it :dontknow:

This is so ridiculous. The Government wonders why crime rates are rising when criminal gangs are offered trips to the Lake District! I thought commiting crime was supposed to result in punishments, not rewards! When will the powers-that-be realise that the soflty, softly approach does not work!

Don't see why their skin colour was relevant though. Black, White or Asian, they deserve to be punished.

Await the rise of the Kendal Mint Cake Massive.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.