Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you have friends, who you miss, like not just miss because they were a good laugh...but miss them only because they were pleasant people, and you just sat together for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And strangely enough I didnt know guys felt like this! I was talking to a guy who is a mutual friend of mine and he was telling how sad he was when this friend of ours relocated with family to America. It was shocking! Naturally you'd be upset but the stuff he was saying was way beyond superficial.

Its all dependant on the person I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I didn't think guys felt like this either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Yes. And strangely enough I didnt know guys felt like this! I was talking to a guy who is a mutual friend of mine and he was telling how sad he was when this friend of ours relocated with family to America. It was shocking! Naturally you'd be upset but the stuff he was saying was way beyond superficial.

Its all dependant on the person I guess.
    It's nice you have that type of friendship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane Eyre)
    Yes, I didn't think guys felt like this either.
    I do but I'm a weird male It's good to be caring

ReputationRep:
    me neither!
    i suppose we're all just convinced that guys are emotionless.
    hmm, i thought it was just girls.
    but yeah, i miss genuinely nice people as well.

ReputationRep:
    I totally see where you're coming from. Makes me wonder how i'll cope at Uni if everyone is going to different ones...

ReputationRep:
    I always assumed it was guys who didn't miss people, not girls.

ReputationRep:
    Bless boys, they always surprise me so much

Yes, I definitely do, I just love people haha. Sometimes I really miss people My best friend lives miles away, it's horrible

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course. I've been at uni a year and a half and I still miss my friends from home a huge amount, as much as I love the people I've met here. I think there's something to be said for feeling comfortable and secure with someone who you know well and have known for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the question. Boys don't miss people. They find new people! Girls miss special people :P

I've lost all kinds of friends :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Some friends i truly miss, most friends, yes but you can say people's gone to different directions placing other priorities on top of their list. I guess its part of growing up.

I mean..some of my friends are already parents but still would be nice to kept in touch but you could say they are spending more time with their family and their wife/husband.

Don't blame them, upbringing a child in this world isn't easy. Not that i'm saying from experience.

Guys and girls, we're all human, doesn't matter about the gender. At times, i would throw myself to one of my friends if i truly missed them. Some friends, well best to avoid at times, nice people but they love doing lots of mischief and loving their CR.

ReputationRep:
    I find it really weird that people are naive enough to ask "do gender [x] experience [y]?"

Gender does not define how or what you feel in situation [n]. But the expectations of that gender in society define how much of what you feel you reveal to other people. That's the difference.

For example, the stereotypical assumption that guys are emotionless machines is complete crud. But expressing those emotions is where it's a different ballgame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dusk)
    I don't understand the question. Boys don't miss people. They find new people! Girls miss special people :P
    I'm a guy, i miss special people But special people are rare. One in a million

ReputationRep:
    I don't do "missing" people, now and then I think thats a shame but it lasts about a second and I get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Happens with me. When one of my closest friends moved to Australia it was really hard.

ReputationRep:
    My best mate now lives in the States.

He still owes me a tenner :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Dude we're human too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Bless boys, they always surprise me so much

Yes, I definitely do, I just love people haha. Sometimes I really miss people My best friend lives miles away, it's horrible
    Thanks for the blessing :p: I bless some girls now :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.