Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance England - Not Recognising My University watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, as if I hadn't had enough of this bleeding website in the last few weeks:

The forms for student finance refuse to recognise my ENTIRE university. I know I've got the UCAS Code right, I've checked. But the direct.gov stuff insists it's something else, and that there are no courses there.

So I go back, and say it can use my UCAS information - all that does is take me back out of the application!!! It heads over to UCAS track, then sends me back with no more information!

*bangs head on wall*

Any ideas? I really don't want to have to phone them, it's never productive.

ReputationRep:
    and your uni is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    and your uni is?
    Birmingham City University. UCAS Code B25

The website seems to think the UCAS Code is C25, which as actually the Birmingham Conservatoire.

ReputationRep:
    according to the uni website your course is ucas code P9W6 if its Media and Communications (Media Photography)
    see here
    http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/photogr...ia-photography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    according to the uni website your course is ucas code P9W6 if its Media and Communications (Media Photography)
    see here
    http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/photogr...ia-photography
    I think the OP is after the institution code, rather than the course code...

IIRC that university changed its name recently, didn't it? It was something like Uni of Central England, wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    It's ok now, I managed to find a way to manually enter it. Still a stupid website - wont let me say that I'm still working. It needs an end date. I've put in when I should start my course, but I'm keeping my job!

This whole website is at least 10 times more stupid than when I applied before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiepeep)
    It's ok now, I managed to find a way to manually enter it. Still a stupid website - wont let me say that I'm still working. It needs an end date. I've put in when I should start my course, but I'm keeping my job!

This whole website is at least 10 times more stupid than when I applied before.
    I had to manually enter my university too, because it's only been an official university since 2007, so they didn't recognise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I had to manually enter my university too, because it's only been an official university since 2007, so they didn't recognise it.
    me too and mine won't exist next year yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommm)
    IIRC that university changed its name recently, didn't it? It was something like Uni of Central England, wasn't it?
    It changed about 18 months ago, and yes, I did try putting that in too.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.