Turn on thread page Beta

Saying I love you on facebook watch

Does it piss anyone else off when you see couples on facebook who have been going out a week going "I love you"?

I mean call me jealous or whatever but it seems quite retarded, sure if you actually do and have been dating a while, the occasional status is fair enough. However I do not want to read three times a ******* day how you love blah who you didn't know until a week ago.

Oh and people who are like "feel **** " someone asks why and there like "nvm", attention seekers.

This get on anyone else's nerves?

ReputationRep:
    That's why I hide the majority of my friends' status updates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Does it piss anyone else off when you see couples on facebook who have been going out a week going "I love you"?

I mean call me jealous or whatever but it seems quite retarded, sure if you actually do and have been dating a while, the occasional status is fair enough. However I do not want to read three times a ******* day how you love blah who you didn't know until a week ago.

Oh and people who are like "feel **** " someone asks why and there like "nvm", attention seekers.

This get on anyone else's nerves?
    I saw this recently too. And in the next status they announced they were planning their summer holiday to Florida next September after being together a week :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it gets on my tits too, loads of people always say "OMG I'M SOOO PISSED OFF and then there's a string of replies underneath asking what the problem is. Frankly I don't give a flying **** what's wrong with them.

ReputationRep:
    I really hate the attention seeking ones. The ones that are like "you really hurt me, and now we can't be together" and when you ask them what's up they're like "it doesnt matter, dont ask", but then put up ANOTHER status like "I'm glad you've gone but I miss you <3" ... ergh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    Yeah it gets on my tits too, loads of people always say "OMG I'M SOOO PISSED OFF and then there's a string of replies underneath asking what the problem is. Frankly I don't give a flying **** what's wrong with them.

hehe, Indeed.

I have a 'friend' who constantly updates her status with information about her pregnancy every like 15mins! And everyone is like "ahhh hun, you okies???" " Ah is it due soon babes?"

Glad to see it's not just me haha.

ReputationRep:
    Just scraping the iceberg, it goes further into quick marraiges and babies within months.

One girl split up with her butt-ugly bf then, a few days later, was back with him and engaged.

Apparently a ring makes everything better.

A year or so on, they are in a 'complicated relationship'.

ReputationRep:
    Argh I can't stand sappy status updates like "I love you so much <3 you know who you are"
    Yeah alright, if they know it, why the **** are you plastering it across facebook. Especially when they've been together a matter of days. In fact, I never really like it when people say "I love you"... it seems ott, especially at my age or younger.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my other half for five and a half years and I don't say "I love you" publicly on facebook like that. Not on her wall anyway. I write it in private messages.

Don't know why, but I just don't like leaving soppy messages on her facebook wall.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.