Turn on thread page Beta

Wearing pyjamas to the supermarket? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok Tesco has brought in a dress code, you are no longer allowed to wear pyjamas to Tesco.
    Now i will admit that i am guilty of going to Tesco in my pyjamas but in my defence it was 2 o'clock in the morning and i was wearing boots and a coat over them. But does anyone really go to the supermarket during the day in nothig but their pyjamas? It seems weird like they can't be bothered to get dressed or something?

I never wear pyjamas anywhere ever. I don't even own any pyjamas.

ReputationRep:
    They should be physically thrown out.

ReputationRep:
    I sleep naked.

ReputationRep:
    I go there with sporty suite, something relatively close to a Pyjama. Personally, I do not mind going to Tesco in a Pyjama!

ReputationRep:
    Aww the memories. My aunty came around to stay one night, she was pregent around 8 months... It was around 3 or 4 in the morning (not sure now) I hear a bunch of brawling going on, next thing I know my uncle walks in and wakes me up... Says I better go find a apple from somewhere.

I was like WTF?! Apperntly she "craved" for a green apple. Jesus I was so tired I alsmost crashed a dozen times before getting to Tesco. I walked in with slippers and my bath robe. The gaurd tried to walk over to me but I waved him off, I was half dead, he got the message

I picked up an apple, paid 34 pence for it and walked right out. He was laughing at me silly. He even asked me if my wife was pregnent on the way out

ReputationRep:
    I walk to the shop at the end of the road in thick pj bottoms and a big jumper and whatever shoes are by the front door if it's like 8am and I've run out of milk for cereal or something. Quite often see other people in similar states picking up milk/bread etc early in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    I've never gone anywhere outside my place of residence in pyjamas.

I suspect I will do before I finish uni, though.

ReputationRep:
    interview with woman banned for wearing jammies http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8485559.stm my favourite part "I has lovely pairs of pyjamas, you're only going to get **** but you want to look your best"
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8484116.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Ok Tesco has brought in a dress code, you are no longer allowed to wear pyjamas to Tesco.
    Now i will admit that i am guilty of going to Tesco in my pyjamas but in my defence it was 2 o'clock in the morning and i was wearing boots and a coat over them. But does anyone really go to the supermarket during the day in nothig but their pyjamas? It seems weird like they can't be bothered to get dressed or something?

yeah but ur a hippe so u shud have been disregarded in da 1st placre

I think these should be allowed wearing anywhere though, especially to the supermarket - I'll stand near the frozen sausages and tell a guy when he walks past - Do you know where the very long sausages are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    yeah but ur a hippe so u shud have been disregarded in da 1st placre

I think these should be allowed wearing anywhere though, especially to the supermarket - I'll stand near the frozen sausages and tell a guy when he walks past - Do you know where the very long sausages are?

What has being a hippie (which just for the record, i'm not completely) got to do with wearing pyjamas in Tesco?

ReputationRep:
    I had a conversation about this with my best friend - going into Tesco during the day in your pyjamas is pretty bad, to be honest, because society expects you to be up and dressed. xD However, we said, how are pyjamas much different to going into Tesco in a tracksuit? And how will you be able to tell the difference between tracksuits and loungewear? (I see it becoming more popular in shops).

ReputationRep:
    I think any women who do this are an affront to womankind. It shows a total lack of self-respect, akin to hanging your underwear on the washing line, and is extremely chavvy IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    interview with woman banned for wearing jammies http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8485559.stm my favourite part "I has lovely pairs of pyjamas, you're only going to get **** but you want to look your best"
    Its so much funnier/chavier when said with the local accent.
    I wouldn't want to serve that mess:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    LMFAO!! "i got lovely pairs of pyjamas, like even though you only come to get cigarettes, but you do come in your best pyjamas into the shops so you looks tidy" haha

ive never left the house wearing pyjamas, or even just trousers that have paint on them or whatever. i cant do it, i feel like a scruff.

ReputationRep:
    I've never worn pjs to a supermarket, but I have to my local convenience shop a few times when I've realised we have no milk/bread/****.

ReputationRep:
    I've never left the house in my Pyjamas... because I don't wear any:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though I sometimes see women in the supermarket wearing what looks like PJs. Don't Think I'd be comfortable going out like that unless I was ill.
    I like 'putting my best face to the world' as my mum sometimes says lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    I think any women who do this are an affront to womankind. It shows a total lack of self-respect, akin to hanging your underwear on the washing line, and is extremely chavvy IMO.
    We simply cannot allow all these wenches to take liberty in their pish and tosh equality,what what, old chap. I have even recently recieved conjuncture by means of telegraph, that some hussies have the sheer audacity to put on unashmed display their lower calves! An outrage, I do say!

A fine day to you, sir.

ReputationRep:
    i never have and never will even set foot outside my door in my PJs never mind go shopping in them

christ i thought i was a lazy **** but not even getting dressed to go to the shops is lazy as hell

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.