Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I spoke with the research administrator regarding my application, and she commented that I was offered a place "academically speaking", ie: from the department.

I then looked on my application progress and it says: first initial decision made, supervisor 1, letter event.

I made her repeat the "offer" comment again to be sure. However, I am wondering whether those with responses have received emails prior to snail mail. She said the research administrators look to see if you have fulfilled the requests of the application (all documents are in), any technicalities which would subside an offer. I am hoping this is only a formality.

- ps: I applied to the PhD Politics and International Studies program.

ReputationRep:
    I received an email offer for Development Studies well before I received a letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumAH)
    I received an email offer for Development Studies well before I received a letter.
    I am hoping to receive an email offer soon!! Just make it a tad more official...the school is very slow I gather? By the end of the week I'm hoping something will come up.

ReputationRep:
    THey were very quick with my application! Submitted it on the Thursday, was accepted Monday afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumAH)
    THey were very quick with my application! Submitted it on the Thursday, was accepted Monday afternoon!
    that's very good, what are your stats if you dont me asking?

I applied for the PhD Politics program and am from Canada

ReputationRep:
    Hi Pk007
    Congratulations! I've applied to the same program. I know you haven't officially heard yet, but how long did it take you to hear from the research administrator? Also, do you have any idea how the process works once the app. is sent to the Department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyday)
    Hi Pk007
    Congratulations! I've applied to the same program. I know you haven't officially heard yet, but how long did it take you to hear from the research administrator? Also, do you have any idea how the process works once the app. is sent to the Department?
    Actually just last Friday I received an offer, and am waiting for the letter in post.

I applied in Jan. so I suppose for typical SOAS time, it wasn't that long. The application is sent to the admissions tutor, who looks over your file, then they send it to the proposed supervisor, then it comes back. *this was where I was when I first posted the question.

After that, it goes back to the dept of postgrad admissions and I guess they look over your file and draft your letter. The more applications, the longer it takes.

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I found it very useful to get in contact with my supervisor to let them know my application was on its way, I did the same for the admissions tutor.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.