Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The General Election : Why I beleive we shouldn't underestimate the power of the BNP watch

ReputationRep:
    You lost my interest when you described the BNP as right-wing. They are an authoritarian left wing party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    92% of the country is white British...this country is a far cry from being overrun with immigration.
    You trust government statistics? The same government that openly admits it doesn't actually know how many immigrants are in the country?

ReputationRep:
    4000 votes isn't enough to win even one constituency unless the votes are VERY thinly spread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    You trust government statistics? The same government that openly admits it doesn't actually know how many immigrants are in the country?
    It is highly unlikely that that over 15% of the population are immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    It is highly unlikely that that over 15% of the population are immigrants.
    No it isn't. There has been so many south Asians immigrating to where I live recently that it's quite easy to believe the real figure is 20%, especially considering that London and Birmingham are effectively third world colonies. You also ignore that 10% of non-whites today is 20% tomorrow since maternity wards are full of Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    We have these threads all the time. The BNP will not gain a seat in Parliament for a long, long time, until their vote drastically increases (doubles or even triples, I'd say). And even then, it's one seat. Out of 646.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    No it isn't. There has been so many south Asians immigrating to where I live recently that it's quite easy to believe the real figure is 20%, especially considering that London and Birmingham are effectively third world colonies. You also ignore that 10% of non-whites today is 20% tomorrow since maternity wards are full of Muslims.
    It's about 10%. A lot are white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    This is bullcrud.

Firstly, how the hell do you know who is and who isn't a Muslim - they aren't an ethnic group - it's a pan-national religious ideology. According to recent estimates, Muslims constitute at most 3% of the UK population. We cannot tell exactly anyway since people can convert/revert.

Secondly, your anecdotal evidence is not evidence. I live near loads of Bulgarians - this doesn't mean that the entire UK is 'swamped' by them.

Thirdly, I live in London - please tell me how this is a 'third world colony'. It looks very different to the few places in the 'Third World' that I have visited. All major international financial hubs have a high proportion of immigrants anyway - see Frankfurt, Mumbai, Bangalore, Singapore, New York, Sydney, Dubai etc.

Fourthly, just because someone may be 'Asian' (subcontinetal I take it? as opposed to Arab, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Turkish, Persian etc.) does not mean they are an immigrant. Have you actually requested to see these peoples' documentation to find out where they were born. A significant proportion were born in the UK and are therefore not 'immigrants'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    :rofl: shush now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    lol are you comparing the British National Party to Hitler's Nazi Party?
    One facist party can be compared to another facist party - Have you ever studied Nazi Germany or do you learn everything from internet pop culture??

ReputationRep:
    Fourthly, just because someone may be 'Asian' (subcontinetal I take it? as opposed to Arab, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Turkish, Persian etc.) does not mean they are an immigrant. Have you actually requested to see these peoples' documentation to find out where they were born. A significant proportion were born in the UK and are therefore not 'immigrants'.
    Liberal hypocrisy at its worst.

Muslims give birth to children who become Muslim. You recognise that the culture and identity of the child depends on background. Whilst this person assimilates cultural values from their parents, you also then claim this person is not an immigrant?

If they have the cultural values of immigrants, then they should be considered as such. In case you haven't noticed, English people don't go to the Mosque. Someone who does go to the Mosque is not English. Being born in a stable doesn't make one a stallion.

Really fed up of this double standards. At least admit you hold them. Apparently anyone can be English if they're born in the UK. Yet you can transmit culture down through family relations? It's one or the other. If you accept multiculturalism then these people are not English and should be considered as immigrants when dealing with statistics. If you reject multiculturalism then these people should integrate and be counted as English.

ReputationRep:
    This is the typical person against the BNP:

These are the types who oppose the BNP on a biased basis and thus spread lies and slenderise the BNP, perverting perceptions from its true nature into a racist organisation when in fact it is not solely based on racial grounds; it's based on the best interests of Britain rather that the EU or "The New World Order" BS.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't this country be completely isolated internationally if it elected the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    You lost my interest when you described the BNP as right-wing. They are an authoritarian left wing party.
    Only Tories say that. It's the Tories that are leftwing authoritarian these days, 'Blue Labour.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Guy)
    An Asian man with a placard. Your point is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Guy)

Really? this guy wouldn't agree

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...man-bnp-member

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Liberal hypocrisy at its worst.

Muslims give birth to children who become Muslim. You recognise that the culture and identity of the child depends on background. Whilst this person assimilates cultural values from their parents, you also then claim this person is not an immigrant?

If they have the cultural values of immigrants, then they should be considered as such. In case you haven't noticed, English people don't go to the Mosque. Someone who does go to the Mosque is not English. Being born in a stable doesn't make one a stallion.

Really fed up of this double standards. At least admit you hold them. Apparently anyone can be English if they're born in the UK. Yet you can transmit culture down through family relations? It's one or the other. If you accept multiculturalism then these people are not English and should be considered as immigrants when dealing with statistics. If you reject multiculturalism then these people should integrate and be counted as English.
    Well said sir, you are a smart man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    Only Tories say that, to turn their members away from the BNP.
    They do have left wing economic policies and are socially authoritarian (caning etc). I don't understand what's wrong with that statement?

ReputationRep:
    This is bullcrud.

Firstly, how the hell do you know who is and who isn't a Muslim - they aren't an ethnic group - it's a pan-national religious ideology.
    Well they aren't Chinese looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    An Asian man with a placard. Your point is?
    He's biased. He's not British, thus he will naturally deviate from the British Nationalist Party in favour of his own Islam4UK organisation.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.