Turn on thread page Beta

The General Election : Why I beleive we shouldn't underestimate the power of the BNP watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Guy)
    He's biased. He's not British, thus he will naturally deviate from the British Nationalist Party in favour of his own Islam4UK organisation.
    :facepalm2: he's a Sikh.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talveer)
    RyanT, English "standards" have been forced upon the native populations for years. Therefor you are not English either, you should go back to Norway with the rest of your Viking Friends.
    This perplexes me, why do you think I'm a Viking?

Thirdly, your whole party machine runs of slanders and lies about immigrants to try and grab as many poor working force as they can.
    Immigration is the policy of the ruling class. Why would the working class welcome increased competition for their own jobs? All the ascribed benefits of immigration are "reaped" by the bourgeoisie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Liberal hypocrisy at its worst.

Muslims give birth to children who become Muslim. You recognise that the culture and identity of the child depends on background. Whilst this person assimilates cultural values from their parents, you also then claim this person is not an immigrant?

If they have the cultural values of immigrants, then they should be considered as such. In case you haven't noticed, English people don't go to the Mosque. Someone who does go to the Mosque is not English. Being born in a stable doesn't make one a stallion.

Really fed up of this double standards. At least admit you hold them. Apparently anyone can be English if they're born in the UK. Yet you can transmit culture down through family relations? It's one or the other. If you accept multiculturalism then these people are not English and should be considered as immigrants when dealing with statistics. If you reject multiculturalism then these people should integrate and be counted as English.
    Your arguments are really hollow:

The child cannot be 'culturally' Muslim since there is no single unifying Islamic culture. There are HUGE cultural variations between your average Bedouin and Mohammed-Al Fayed. Also, most people in the UK are in a position to question the validity of religious views when they grow older.

An immigrant to the UK is somebody who was born OUTSIDE the UK. E.g. Josef Ackermann, Vikram Pandit, Joanna Lumley etc. A non-immigrant is an individual who is born IN the UK. The children of one/two immigrant parents born IN the UK is therefore NOT an immigrant. Surely this is obvious?

English people do go to the mosque. I'm not a Muslim myself but know English folks who go to the mosque near where I live. 'English' ethnicity and Islamic religious affiliation are not mutually exclusive. All religions are permitted to be worshipped in the UK. Religious affiliation does not determine nationality.

What are the 'cultural values of immigrants'? Surely these are incredibly diverse since immigrants to the UK come from every continent in the world bar Antarctica? Also there is much diversity in the 'cultural values' of British-born people with regards to:

*attitudes to education
    *dress sense
    *relationship setups
    *family setups
    *spending habits
    *religious affiliation
    *culinary preferences... and so on.

I have no idea why you're trotting out the ignorant 'being born in a stable...' quote. Anything can be born in a stable. Immigrants and British-born individuals are all of the same species (homo sapiens) anyway.

'English' refers to an ethnicity/social construct. Anybody who is born in the UK is a BRITISH CITIZEN, regardless of the birthplace of their parents. Do you get it now? Culture continually evolves. People are exposed to a wide range of 'influences' in a liberal democratic and pluralistic society such as that of the UK. The UK has always been multicultural. The laws in the UK are such that pluralism in attitudes to education, dress sense, relationship/family setups, spending habits, religious affiliation, culinary preference etc, etc. are all tolerated and perfectly LEGAL.

By 'integration' I assume we mean subscription to the laws in the UK and acceptance that one may be judged exclusively according to such laws.

ReputationRep:
    He's biased. He's not British, thus he will naturally deviate from the British Nationalist Party in favour of his own Islam4UK organisation.
    As many posters previously have put, the BNP have a Sikh member, purely because of his stance against Islam. The man was born in the Pujab which was ripped apart by Pakistan and India. With the Punjab now being an Indian state, you can understand that a 70 year-old man has some battle scars.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, that man isn't even Islamic, stop being ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Muslims give birth to children who become Muslim.
    I'm atheist. My mother is Muslim.
    ZOMG HEAD IMPLOSION

ReputationRep:
    I know lol.

BNP: "GET ALL DEM ASIANS OUT DEY TOOK MA JAWB"

Asians: "Well, I don't agree with that so I am against your party"

OMG SHOCK HORROR!!!!
    Are you Retarded?? Asians don't take jobs. Asians buy a corner shop, sell dodgy meat and takeaways to other Asians, live in a house with 15 of their family members, and build Mosques.

And they are against the BNP because they know they don't fit in with this country's culture. That man would happily support an organisation like Islam4UK (who have done a lot worse than the BNP) whereas I very much dislike them because Islam does not comply with my views, values and culture, nor does it have any place in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    Well they aren't Chinese looking.
    There are Muslims in China who belong to a few of the 50+ officially recognized ethnic groups that have been resident in China for centuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    I would have thought anyone who votes for BNP is either racist or doesn't have a clue about the BNP.. :nothing:
    Not on topic but your sig is CRAZY!! Who is he/she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justbuildingmydam)
    I'm atheist. My mother is Muslim.
    ZOMG HEAD IMPLOSION
    You're a disgrace. Your family is obviously not true Muslim and your mother is a fraud.

ReputationRep:
    Are you Retarded?? Asians don't take jobs. Asians buy a corner shop, sell dodgy meat and takeaways to other Asians, live in a house with 15 of their family members, and build Mosques.

And they are against the BNP because they know they don't fit in with this country's culture. That man would happily support an organisation like Islam4UK (who have done a lot worse than the BNP) whereas I very much dislike them because Islam does not comply with my views, values and culture, nor does it have any place in Britain.
    Sweet Lord man, open your eyes....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    They do have left wing economic policies and are socially authoritarian (caning etc). I don't understand what's wrong with that statement?
    The tories say the BNP are far left, and Labour say they are far right:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bnp...g+or+rightwing

ReputationRep:
    You're a disgrace. Your family is obviously not true Muslim and your mother is a fraud.
    Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    :facepalm2: he's a Sikh.......
    That doesn't mean anything to me. Regardless of what games he likes to play, it's still a bias as he's not going to fit in with Britain's culture. It is also very selfish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    There are Muslims in China who belong to a few of the 50+ officially recognized ethnic groups that have been resident in China for centuries.
    Ethnic Turks, which means they don't look like Chinese people. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

FAIL.

There's a HUGE DIVERSITY in the collective behaviours of people born in (or whose parents were born in) the Asian continent.

You're stereotype fails. You're probably just as likely to meet South Asian investment bankers in London as you are to meet South Asian corner shop owners.

Islam is only ONE of the religions worshipped in Asia. Why would they live with 15 other family members? Surely some live alone (like me) and some live with about 45 people in a mansion?

What is the UK's 'culture'? There is no dominant 'culture'. Everyone has a unique set of behaviours and mores.

The clowns at Islam4UK probably don't number over 300. There are on the other hand probably over 3 million individuals of recent 'South Asian' ancestry in the UK. Nor really representative is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    As many posters previously have put, the BNP have a Sikh member, purely because of his stance against Islam. The man was born in the Pujab which was ripped apart by Pakistan and India. With the Punjab now being an Indian state, you can understand that a 70 year-old man has some battle scars.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, that man isn't even Islamic, stop being ignorant.
    Therefore the BNP can't be racist. Therefore there is no reason not to vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't mean anything to me. Regardless of what games he likes to play, it's still a bias as he's not going to fit in with Britain's culture. It is also very selfish.
    Sikh and Islam are two very different cultures. Educate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I'm sure thats why so many BNP members complain about having an "Asian doctor".

Also, again that man is Sikh.
    Thus the BNP cannot be racist. *Contradiction*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    The tories say the BNP are far left, and Labour say they are far right:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bnp...ient=firefox-a
    Labour emphasises their social policy differences with the BNP and the Tories their economic policy differences. I'm not particularly surprised that either party is desperately trying to distance any part of its political agenda from the BNP and as you said - there is an element of preserving votes in such accusations.

That does not however, change the fact that the BNP is economically left-wing and socially authoritarian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Ethnic Turks, which means they don't look like Chinese people. :rolleyes:
    They are Chinese citizens nevertheless.

I'm sure there are converts to Islam amongst Han Chinese populations.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.