Turn on thread page Beta

The General Election : Why I beleive we shouldn't underestimate the power of the BNP watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    Sikh and Islam are two very different cultures. Educate yourself.
    I don't think the latter can even be described as a 'culture'?

You really think that 1.5 billion individuals all engage in a similar 'culture'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    There are on the other hand probably over 3 million individuals of recent 'South Asian' ancestry in the UK. Nor really representative is it?
    And they're the ones we actually have tagged. It makes me sick...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talveer)
    BNP cannot be racist because the man is Sikh and not a Muslim. Please elaborate.

I'm sure you are trying to make out that BNP are only against Muslims and no one else. Clearly by your stupid comments that is not the truth as you cannot even tell them apart.
    BNP not racist because they have Sikh member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    I don't think the latter can even be described as a 'culture'?

You really think that 1.5 billion individuals all engage in a similar 'culture'?
    Culture meaning the generic word. My Hindu friend doesn't follow the same guidelines as me, but I still see him as following a Hindu culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Guy)
    You're a disgrace. Your family is obviously not true Muslim and your mother is a fraud.
    Possibly the most insightful thing I have read all day. Genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politics Guy)
    And they're the ones we actually have tagged. It makes me sick...
    'Tagged'? Many were invited over. Most have British citizenship.

Why does it 'sicken' you? How does it affect your life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    Culture meaning the generic word. My Hindu friend doesn't follow the same guidelines as me, but I still see him as following a Hindu culture.
    Saivite? Vaishnavaite? Brahmin? Lingiath? - which 'Hindu culture'? Hinduism is a REALLY pluralistic ideology so I don't think you could categorize it as a single culture - that's overly simplistic.

Likewise, regarding Islam - are we banging on about:

a) Sunni Islam
    b) Shia Islam
    c) Wahhabism
    d) Deobandism
    e) Sufi Mysticism
    f) Other?

ReputationRep:
    if the bnp have power, it is because the populace want them to. as with any other party.

"it is the negligence of the three main parties that people are turning to these groups" -
    firstly, the bnp is a legitimate political party, the same as the others. parties have no "responsibility" to stop people voting for other parties, except that they want the votes themselves. this is a disgustingly undemocratic sentiment.
    secondly, the public do not need parties to control who they vote for. the people are the government, the government does not control the people.

"they are able to manipulate..." they manipulate no more than any other party. they give policies and opinions, and people vote for them, or choose not to, based on that. what is manipulation about that? it is free democracy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh noes, the BNP may get more seats in parliament. So?

ReputationRep:
    And yet it took the threat of it being shut down for that to happen.
    lol no, it took a Sikh member to join for that to happen... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    Oh noes, the BNP may get more seats in parliament. So?
    They don't have any in the UK Parliament, and are highly unlikely to get any either.

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked their website? Every single news article they post has some weird anti immigrant spin on everything.

They remove any comments that don't blindly support the BNP either.
    So would any other party or organisation if those comments affected their PR. Don't **** on BNP when this stuff happens to others all the time. That's an incredibly weak way of saying 'OMG look how bad they are'.

ReputationRep:
    i think its safe to say that most germans weren't anti-semites.........still didnt stop hitler killing 6 million jews...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    i think its safe to say that most germans weren't anti-semites.........still didnt stop hitler killing 6 million jews...
    lol Hitler was pretty awesome :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R91)
    One facist party can be compared to another facist party - Have you ever studied Nazi Germany or do you learn everything from internet pop culture??
    Sorry but I disagree entirely.
    The practical differences between Hitler's Nazi's and the BNP are so great that it supersedes the grand canyon in size.

ReputationRep:
    the KKK were a "almost totally non-voilent organisation"
    NIck griffen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Sorry but I disagree entirely.
    The practical differences between Hitler's Nazi's and the BNP are so great that it supersedes the grand canyon in size.

i think its fair to compare the BNP to the Nazi party when the stated aims of a recent BNP youth camp almost were the same as those of the Hitler Yout (almost verbatum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    i think its fair to compare the BNP to the Nazi party when the stated aims of a recent BNP youth camp almost were the same as those of the Hitler Yout (almost verbatum)
    Care to prove the aims of the BNP youth camp were those of the Hitler Youth? Or is it an unsubstantiated claim?

You cannot compare the BNP to the Nazi party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Care to prove the aims of the BNP youth camp were those of the Hitler Youth? Or is it an unsubstantiated claim?

You cannot compare the BNP to the Nazi party.

it was on have i got news for you, quoted from the BNP website (who subsequentally removed it)

ReputationRep:
    Was the cause of the death of about %10 of the worlds population according to statistics.

Yeah, pretty awesome lol.

Idiot.

he was joking

Idiot......in fact congratulations, you win my rep power for the day, guess what colour?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.