Turn on thread page Beta

Astra v Audi a3 watch

ReputationRep:
    Audi's are fantastic cars!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Audi's are fantastic cars!
    They are indeed.

Why anyone would want a Vauxhall over an Audi is beyond me.

It's a bit like "insert suitable analogy making op's decision look ridiculous".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    Your defo right dude

Are you stupid? Do you know what a troll is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMcD)
    How is it trolling?

2100 seems like a reasonable quote if he's in a particularly crime free area.
    I got A 2.0l Petrol Hyundai Coupe at 18 for £850.

God bless the More Than website for ******* up in the exact half hour I got my policy... turns out they couldn't change it afterwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmorrison12)
    I got A 2.0l Petrol Hyundai Coupe at 18 for £850.

God bless the More Than website for ******* up in the exact half hour I got my policy... turns out they couldn't change it afterwards
    Haha, that is ******* stunning dude.

My first car was a Grp 2 1.0 Polo E. Pretty much the slowest car on the road (but my god, beautiful and well built).

It started my love affair with VAG (HA!).

First year was £1264 .

Being old has some advantages. 2.9V6 Corrado. £680 fully comp. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Driven both cars actually and both do shift. Your insurance is high but it will be for a few years till 25 then it will start coming down. But yeah if you can afford it then why not ? But make sure the car your getting either the Astra or Audi has got full service history, see which one has low mileage, how many previous owners, and check for any accident history etc

Tbh your lucky to be driving a nice car straight after passing your test, as I started with a non power steering banger. Just one point of of advice these cars move when you put your foot down and as a new driver you will be tempted to do so on more then one ocassion, just be carefull and drive safely, speed can also be an issue for new drivers and many end up wrapping their cars around lamp posts as they do not know how to handle their rides.

(Original post by Guvnor)
    just be carefull and drive safely
    Particularly as it sounds like he's going to be fronting.

(Original post by Jagurz007)
    Im going under my mums insurance

ReputationRep:
    Right just passed my driving test and im getting an astra in 1 weeks time 1.7 2007 3door in black. for 6500 and my insurance is going to be 2100 but i am just wondering if anyone here has an astra and if its worth getting or not because i had to choose that or an audi a3 and all my friends said the astra
    Astras are good cars, got one myself. Trust me you won't be dissapointed. An audi a3 will be much older for you money, aswell as expensive to insure.

ReputationRep:
    u probably already know this but fronting is illigal so what ever u do dont stop if the police try to pull u and dont have a crash

ReputationRep:
    Get the A3.

I have a 1.6 Astra. Insurance was £2000 (not fronting, but with some multi-car-within-household discount).

Astra is proving to be a great first car for me, but if I had the choice of the A3 then I would go for that. Deffo a better car overall.

ReputationRep:
    ah i ended up buying a 2008 vauxhall astra 1.7 diesel. and the audi a3 that i was going to get was only an 06 plate

ReputationRep:
    Get the Astra, an A3 isn't even a proper Audi, it is for people who don't have loads of money but are tits and want to look like they do. This is shown from the whore who posted "look less blue collar".

At least the Astra is what it is, a hatchback, a regular one. The A3 is a regular hatchback posing as a German autobahn cruiser.

ReputationRep:
    ah i ended up buying a 2008 vauxhall astra 1.7 diesel. and the audi a3 that i was going to get was only an 06 plate
    Only just seen this, good choice. However judging a car purely on its born on date isn't a good way of going about things.

How do you afford this car by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I have an Astra... I love love love love love love it to bits! My Insurance is like £320 (I have no no claims bonus either)... in my own name, that's on a 2006 1.6.. I am 21 tho.

ReputationRep:
    How many of you passing comment on either of these cars have owned and run either? There are considerations other than Audi > Vauxhall.

Also many of you seem to be slately the looks of the Astra. It is a better looking car than the A3 which is frankly bland.

ReputationRep:
    all things being equal (ish)

audi every time

astra is a decent car, but if you have to spend a bit more money id get an audi A3

How about ford focus or vw golf...id go for either of these than an astra (well i have done...got a focus)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _KilgoreTrout_)
    Only just seen this, good choice. However judging a car purely on its born on date isn't a good way of going about things.

How do you afford this car by the way?
    mum and dad bought it for me

ReputationRep:
    is this a joke?
    clearly the a3

ReputationRep:
    thread is now pointless....

ReputationRep:
    yeah but the astra honestly looks better. Audis are probably better performance wise but astra is lush

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.