Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Audi might be marginally better in terms of build quality and having that 'premium feel', but the Astra (or Focus, Leon, 1 Series for that matter) will be probably more entertaining to drive.

Also at least the 3 door Astra looks distinctive, as nice a car as it is, the A3 is a bit on the bland side..

(Original post by alixxxxxx1)
    is this a joke?
    clearly the a3
    No, it is just a Seat Leon for people who care about their cars image.

When my renault megane got binned a year ago and I was looking for a new car, I drove two hire cars one was a focus ,the other an astra of similar engine size and trim levels. I have to say ,the astra was better in almost every single way. It was quicker, it looked better, you sat lower in the car and with the focus it just felt a bit awkward , and the astra handled better. The only think I preferred about the focus was the look of the interior.

Totally an unbiased opinion ,someone who doesn't work for a car magazine or someone who hangs on every word clarkson says about vauxhall. I have sat in vauxhalls in the past and wasn't very impressed but I have to say the astra impressed me.

I'll be honest if I had to choose between an astra and an A3,I'd probably get the A3 ,simply because I'm a car make snob. I ended up buying a jag FFS. But if I hadn't the money, an astra would certainly be a top contender.How many people slating the astra have actually driven one with a decent engine and trim level? How many people actually drive and what their cars are?

a car is a car at the end of the day, it gets u from a to b,

u clearly like the astra cos u told ur parents u liked it and they boughjt it for u...so enjoy it...i would probably choose the astra cos i personally think audis are for chavvy boyracers with too much cash, but then again i have no i dea what the a3 looks like so....

so yeah, lee...
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.