Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Every few weeks for about a week I find it really hard to breath. I wheeze a lot and cough and find it hard to breath in and out. It gets worse at night when I'm lying down and I find it very hard to sleep or have had to sleep upright so that I can breathe. When I'm lying dowh the wheezing gets worse I find it really hard to take in any breathe and even harder to exhale it. I also start coughing a lot.
    I do have allergies and have had excema. Before I thought I just got a lot of chest infections but after reading something I think it might be asthma - I did have it as a baby but haven't had it since.
    What do you think ?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Every few weeks for about a week I find it really hard to breath. I wheeze a lot and cough and find it hard to breath in and out. It gets worse at night when I'm lying down and I find it very hard to sleep or have had to sleep upright so that I can breathe. When I'm lying dowh the wheezing gets worse I find it really hard to take in any breathe and even harder to exhale it. I also start coughing a lot.
    I do have allergies and have had excema. Before I thought I just got a lot of chest infections but after reading something I think it might be asthma - I did have it as a baby but haven't had it since.
    What do you think ?
    It may or may not be Asthma. Your best bet either way is to book an appointment with the doctor and get it checked out properly

ReputationRep:
    Do you really need a load of people on TSR to tell you to go and see a doctor?!
    GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like it could be asthma i had similar symptoms, why have you left it weeks to get a breathing problem checked?

(Original post by WhySoLimey)
    sounds like it could be asthma i had similar symptoms, why have you left it weeks to get a breathing problem checked?
    I've had it for around a year every few weeks BUT everytime I book an appointment with my GP I end up cancelling it because by the time I get an appointment it's stopped again. I realise I should've gone before but i can't predict it to book an appointment.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've had it for around a year every few weeks BUT everytime I book an appointment with my GP I end up cancelling it because by the time I get an appointment it's stopped again. I realise I should've gone before but i can't predict it to book an appointment.
    Don't wait for it to come back. Just book an appointment for as soon as possible and tell the doctor your symptoms.

ReputationRep:
    I had this, the doctors say i had asthma, but then i don't think i did, i had loads of chest infections and was rushed in to hospital. Now i'm fine, i think mine was a collaboration of allergies though, i helped shave my dog, we got a new cat, my dad's flat was musteh! i had feather pillows. i drank lots of milk.. all the things i'm allergic two, i didn't know that at the time, the doctors were like so how long have you had asthma.. i was like O.o i don't.. maybe i do. It's a mystery. Just keep taking an inhaler . the blue one .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madmandanxd)
    I had this, the doctors say i had asthma, but then i don't think i did, i had loads of chest infections and was rushed in to hospital. Now i'm fine, i think mine was a collaboration of allergies though, i helped shave my dog, we got a new cat, my dad's flat was musteh! i had feather pillows. i drank lots of milk.. all the things i'm allergic two, i didn't know that at the time, the doctors were like so how long have you had asthma.. i was like O.o i don't.. maybe i do. It's a mystery. Just keep taking an inhaler . the blue one .
    blue inhalers are just a temporary fix, it wont prevent his breathing problems..

and im pretty sure he needs to go to the doctors to get a blue inhaler anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhySoLimey)
    blue inhalers are just a temporary fix, it wont prevent his breathing problems..

and im pretty sure he needs to go to the doctors to get a blue inhaler anyway.
    true, but if he's had chest infections I'd assume he already has a blue inhaler.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor, whether its happening at that specific time or not, if you have asthma it'll be noticable on a peak flow chart, which they'll make you do if they believe it is asthma.
    I had the same problems and was found to have asthma

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.