The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
McDonalds was sued a few years back, successfully I believe, when a patron burnt her stupid fat legs on coffee, when the coffee cup did not indicate the contents were hot.

Hence them now having caution contents hot labels on their coffee cups. (story was reported on bbc a few years ago)
Reply 21
Yeah, pretty much what everyone else has said.

Some waste will drink it, suffer an allergic reaction and sue the company. People like that make me so angry.

Everytime a Claims Direct/Claims 4 U/SueYourWorkplaceForMillions adverts come on I get filled with rage- especially the woman with the plastic strapping (look where you're going you stupid bitch and don't wear high heels in a warehouse) and the bloke with the ladder (shouldn't you have asked for the correct ladder before you went up on it?) *****.
Reply 22
nish81
Especially since almost every tesco product has 'ingredients: cannot guarantee nut free' on them. i dont eat them out of fear :frown:

bet it was tesco brand :p:

You know your branded water very well :smile:
Argh... try shopping having to read all the labels for things like this... just so companies can cover themselves!
I believe that they actually lead to more people taking risks than if products were labelled sensibly... When there's warnings on almost everything and you know the majority will be 100% safe you're more likely to eat something every now and and again that carry such warnings - and then you risk coming across and eating a product that is genuinely unsafe...
Don't shout me down saying it is the responsibility of the individual - i don't disagree but it can be very hard and frustrating at times to religiously avoid anything carrying a warning!!
nish81

bet it was tesco brand :p:

I guessed that straight away too :p:
Reply 25
Is this like when all the fat people sued McDonalds for making them fat? Because, you know, I think it's no secret that eating junk food CAN make you fat.
I was reading this morning the back of a milk bottle, I noticed it has a V on it ie: suitable for vegetarians, I never knew some milk contained some pig's fat or aomething aghrrrrrrrrr

What about on a bag of penauts : may contain traces of nuts! :rolleyes:

It does sound stupid, but as most people here said it's for the companies to cover themselves.
Reply 27
Reminds me of a (i think) Lee Evans joke

"May contain nuts" .."I hope so, thats why I bought the buggers!"
Reply 28
Yep I am also confused with that. Some says "no nuts" but they can't guarantee.
Reply 29
Reminds me of a (i think) Lee Evans joke

"May contain nuts" .."I hope so, thats why I bought the buggers!"

lol,..Lee Evans is the best..... ha
ChrisBan
I saw a bottle of water that had something along the following on:

Allergy advise:
Recipe: No nuts.

Ingredients: Cannot guarantee nut free.

Factory: No nuts.

Ultra cautious or what!

wow! impressiveee