Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got my timetable for the Spring semester that begins next week for me. I have 9am to 6pm days. In some ways I actually like that, it'll force me to be more study-orientated. How many of you have similar timetables?

9 to 5 on Mondays, but other days it's either early start/lunchtime finish, or mid-morning start/mid-afternoon finish.

ReputationRep:
    Eight hours a week spread over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Four day weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earl Nuce)
    Eight hours a week spread over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Four day weekend.
    Part-time I hope

ReputationRep:
    Loving Mondays and Fridays off, however 2-6pm no break on Tuesdays with track (running) at 7pm, and I live a mile from the track. I'm often feeling really tired and weak during those sessions. I would gladly have the 2 hour 4-6 lecture on Tuesday at 9am Monday if I had to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Part-time I hope
    How come you changed your post?
    Full time acshuly.

ReputationRep:
    9-6 on tuesday, thursday and friday with 9-1 on wednesday and 9-12 on monday...consider yourself lucky

ReputationRep:
    We have pretty much 9-5 everyday, but i guess that's standard with medicine and dentistry.

nothing compared to the hardcore 2 hour week which some people i know have, i don't think i could hack the intensity of that.

ReputationRep:
    My heart bleeds for the OP. I have 9-5 most days with an 8-5 Tues and 9-8 Wed

But still...if the OP is doing undergrad, that is pretty intense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I just got my timetable for the Spring semester that begins next week for me. I have 9am to 6pm days. In some ways I actually like that, it'll force me to be more study-orientated. How many of you have similar timetables?
    11 hours in total over the week, max 3 hours per day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nex Angelus)
    We have pretty much 9-5 everyday, but i guess that's standard with medicine and dentistry.

nothing compared to the hardcore 2 hour week which some people i know have, i don't think i could hack the intensity of that.
    Off topic, sorry, but I love your dog :love:. Is it a Weima?

ReputationRep:
    I had similar last year (my first year!) - I had an astronomy-based course which meant lectures in the morning, then astronomy from 2pm - 11pm - only once a week though, and I quite liked it. Other than that it ranged from 4 hour days to 7 hour days. I agree - I quite enjoy being kept busy, I'd hate to have a 3 hour week, it'd kill me trying to be motivated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 10-4 on Tuesday-Friday, but often stay until 6. Mondays are my favourite as it's 11:30-2:30.

ReputationRep:
    10-2 Monday
    1-4 Tuesday
    10-12 Wednesday
    9-1 Thursday
    Work Experience Fridays
    Part time work - Sat
    Part time work - Sun

ReputationRep:
    I had that every Tuesday of the Spring/Summer term last year while I was in Japan. What sucked even more about it was that the final class was kanji class, which was the most boring and pointless thing (we hardly learned anything during that hour-and-a-half) ever. >_<

ReputationRep:
    Monday - Fri 9-4, at college

Mon - Fri 5 or 6-Midnight, at work.

PLEASE NOTE LSE AND LET ME IN!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think having so much free time can do more harm than good. Theres just no pressure to work and no routine.

ReputationRep:
    I think having so much free time can do more harm than good. Theres just no pressure to work and no routine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nex Angelus)

Hahaha, same, doing CPE and the timetable is similar to what you describe.

I genuinely cannot fathom how awesome it must be to have your first lecture of the day at 5pm on some days (philosophy, for example).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I used to have 8-6:30 at school Monday to Friday except Wednesday, finishing at 12. Now, errr, let's say I'm on holidays

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.