Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling bad about showing interest in girls, for some reason... watch

ReputationRep:
    I go out a lot these days (at Uni) but because of my lack of experience in relationships (never had a relationship), it's like I still have a mindset that I don't "deserve" a girl at all, or, because I've rarely noticed any interest from girls, that none would ever be interested in me. I look a lot younger than I actually am (almost like the youngest in the club), which doesn't help me really. I also tend to even feel guilty when catching someone's eye or making eye contact, because I might come across as "creepy", etc.

What can I do about this? Get drunker? Though this even happens when I'm pretty drunk!

Same tbh. It's either that or the friend zone though, so the choice is clear.

In fact, I don't even try. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried swinging the opposite way,

It's hot, believe me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazza558)
    I go out a lot these days (at Uni) but because of my lack of experience in relationships (never had a relationship), it's like I still have a mindset that I don't "deserve" a girl at all, or, because I've rarely noticed any interest from girls, that none would ever be interested in me. I look a lot younger than I actually am (almost like the youngest in the club), which doesn't help me really. I also tend to even feel guilty when catching someone's eye or making eye contact, because I might come across as "creepy", etc.

What can I do about this? Get drunker? Though this even happens when I'm pretty drunk!
    I've noticed this in England...Girls don't show emotion in front of others as much at all...
    Yet when I stayed in hostels around the world, it was always europeans, especially italien girls who always gave me a hug...it wasn't for anything other than friendship, but it shows you that strangers become friends alot more easily in european countries than England.

ReputationRep:

Why is it that you've never had a relationship? From what it sounds like, you need to have more confidence. Feeling that you don't deserve a girl, feeling creepy for making eye contact...it shouldn't be like that. Everyone deserves to find happiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    Have you tried swinging the opposite way,

It's hot, believe me.
    The day I find sucking **** or taking **** up my arse hot...

Never mate, never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)

Never mate, never.
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    Why is it that you've never had a relationship? From what it sounds like, you need to have more confidence. Feeling that you don't deserve a girl, feeling creepy for making eye contact...it shouldn't be like that. Everyone deserves to find happiness.
    University was the first time I started going out - before then it was house parties. I've just never had much confidence in myself - I guess these feelings come from being seen as 'weird' in primary school, for no particular reason. Thus, I feel 16 rather than 18 due to the lack of experience. My flatmates are great, though, and I've managed to fit in with a lifestyle which I feel too young for. I'm like this (the shyness) everywhere, not just in clubs. Perhaps it's the times I've failed at trying to start relationships which have made me feel more nervous about messing things up in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I've just never had much confidence in myself .
    This I think is your sole problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)

Never mate, never.

It's not all about that.

But these guys I would literally die for;

http://quasisensible.files.wordpress...is-posing1.jpg
    http://reneeashleybaker.files.wordpr...travolta_4.jpg
    http://www.zombiechatter.com/wp-cont...arzenegger.jpg
    http://kettlebell.com/wp-content/upl...hnny-bravo.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    This I think is your sole problem.
    I don't really know why though... I just have this perception of being "less" than anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Same tbh. It's either that or the friend zone though, so the choice is clear.

In fact, I don't even try. :facepalm2:
    I've resorted to this too...

Not good.

(Original post by LittleBill)
    I've resorted to this too...

Not good.
    :console:

I have confidence to an extent, but not to the ridiculous extent that I actually try to flirt! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    :console:

I have confidence to an extent, but not to the ridiculous extent that I actually try to flirt! :zomg:
    I can't help but feel I embarrass myself trying to flirt xD so I don't bother.

ReputationRep:

is that you on your profile? i'd say you look alot older than 18, not younger

(Original post by LittleBill)
    I can't help but feel I embarrass myself trying to flirt xD so I don't bother.
    Precisely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brewanne)
    is that you on your profile? i'd say you look alot older than 18, not younger
    Really? Hmm... I guess the fact that I feel younger than I am carries over to my appearance.

ReputationRep:
    If this helps, you look awkward in your profile pic- can't pinpoint exactly what it is.

ReputationRep:

Awww don't feel like that, there is a girl out there for you. Don't try getting drunk you might end up doing something really stupid and end up regretting it for the rest of your life. I remember reading a thread about a guy who lost his virginty through a one night stand after getting drunk, poor guy was bullied because people thought he took advantage of the girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    If this helps, you look awkward in your profile pic- can't pinpoint exactly what it is.
    It's cropped, I'm standing next to someone else - might be why?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.