Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    Warwick's a great Univ, it has a fantastic MBA, yes, that's very true. HOWEVER, comparing ANY univ MBA here in the UK with LBS is an utter joke. Trust me, nothing comes too close. It's easily the most prestigious business school in the UK. You're just showing your ignorance on Biz Schools, which is understandable as you're a 6th former commenting on a postgrad. degree. LBS is a very selective school and this is coming from someone in the process of applying, it's absolutely anyone's (who can afford it/get funding/prepared to stay in London etc.) first choice. Have a look at the entry requirements matey, just take one glance at how selective it is. Try the FT too btw. And stop embarrassing yourself
    lol
    LBS is v.expensive? how r gonna fund it?...buy a ferrari instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    lol
    LBS is v.expensive? how r gonna fund it?...buy a ferrari instead
    Yeah, seems like a good idea!

I cannot really afford it, I'm applying for various degrees (the PhD, rather than the MBA's) and on the off chance that I can get a good deal of sponsorship, I'd go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    also very lazy with a large chance of failure and rather irresponsible
    hahaha! well said

ReputationRep:
    all those super payign jobs in finance, accountancy, investment etc will make ure hair go gray by the time ure 35 and ull have had ure first hear attack at 40. its lots of stress bu ti guess ull be able to retire early on aswell...

ReputationRep:
    how much is the average earning for a lawyer? do they actually earn as much as people seem to think they do?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows London Business School is the best in europe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illumintai)
    What is the best Course to do in Uni. to be rich without having an own business.

And I mean rich by 6 figure salary by age of 27.
    Law at an elite university with an excellent grade to get you into one of the big city firms could see you on 6 figures by that age.

ReputationRep:
    My friend does freelance programming and is on about 85K a year, and he's only 22, with no degree and no A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illumintai)
    What is the best Course to do in Uni. to be rich without having an own business.

And I mean rich by 6 figure salary by age of 27.

I think it is possible.

Actuary? Stockbroker ? might do..
    Should you be looking for another reason for doing your course...? Like interest in the subject, course contents etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Should you be looking for another reason for doing your course...? Like interest in the subject, course contents etc?
    Shock horror! Doing a subject because you enjoy it? Never. Common sense doesn't seem to prevail here! Mysticmin hit the nail on the head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaka)
    all those super payign jobs in finance, accountancy, investment etc will make ure hair go gray by the time ure 35 and ull have had ure first hear attack at 40. its lots of stress bu ti guess ull be able to retire early on aswell...
    Yes - you'd need private medical cover. I know a cardiaologist that charges £150 for a 1/2 hour consultation - wonder what a by-pass is these days?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.