Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Friends.
    I am an American IB student and I just thought thats it really funny that we all talk about how students all around the world do this terrible program program, but we never feel the need to find out if everyone hates it with the same firey passion. Now, I was just curious, I feel like we're generally mucho more retarded in the US then like anywhere else (don't judge the whole country on me, it's late) but how hard is this for you guys? How much time do you spend on school a day? Do you do a lot of outside activities? Have you seen the IB HL Hitler Video?
    Just Curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K9Tinkerbelle)
    Friends.
    I am an American IB student and I just thought thats it really funny that we all talk about how students all around the world do this terrible program program, but we never feel the need to find out if everyone hates it with the same firey passion. Now, I was just curious, I feel like we're generally mucho more retarded in the US then like anywhere else (don't judge the whole country on me, it's late) but how hard is this for you guys? How much time do you spend on school a day? Do you do a lot of outside activities? Have you seen the IB HL Hitler Video?
    Just Curious.
    I lol'd hard, at least you admit it

ReputationRep:
    Friends.
    Just Curious.
    I really do hate the Ib. When i'm not doing work, I think I should be. A levels would've been easier. Easier for Uni. Less Work load. Less lessons. Less Exams all in one go. Less general *****. Plus I wouldn't be doing Maths or Film...

ReputationRep:
    Friends.
    Just Curious.
    You clearly haven't been to the UK. You'd feel like the second coming of Einstein.

ReputationRep:
    Friends.
    Just Curious.
    Yea, that video has been redubbed a trillion times. Kinda got old after the

I'm in IB in Colorado and I commonly find myself nearly throwing myself down stairs at school on the way to English class.

What year are you? I am in my final semester and just don't give a flying **** any more. I got an offer of 31 points from East Anglia and don't really care about anything else any more.
    I thought it would be worth it to take IB cos I have wanted to go to a UK uni since I was in 2nd grade, but I found out that you can get an unconditional offer if you have 3s on 4 APs, which bugs me a LOT. All this hell and I still have to wait til July. It is a bit infuriating. One good thing is that my grades don't really matter to me any more cos they did not / will not request transcripts.

But in response to your general question: Yes I do hate IB to a suicidal point, but I think they make us go through this **** because it makes the diploma more scarce, making them more money cos it is more prestigious.

Good luck and don't take life too seriously. A good concert is always worth a zero on a homework assignment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanzeel)
    You clearly haven't been to the UK. You'd feel like the second coming of Einstein.
    This made me laugh hardcore. Oh my cow, that was funny. :eek: Are you serious though? Britons can be so elitist at times that I feel like next year I am going to be a cretin compared to everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    This made me laugh hardcore. Oh my cow, that was funny. :eek: Are you serious though? Britons can be so elitist at times that I feel like next year I am going to be a cretin compared to everybody.
    Dead serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanzeel)
    Dead serious.
    Interesting, I feel better now, although I don't really know why. I am definitely not wanting to deal with a bunch of lolos next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    The problem's mostly with the US school system, I think. You did IB, so you'll fit right in. 8)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    I really do hate the Ib. When i'm not doing work, I think I should be. A levels would've been easier. Easier for Uni. Less Work load. Less lessons. Less Exams all in one go. Less general *****. Plus I wouldn't be doing Maths or Film...
    A LEVELS EASIER?? A levels are statistically the hardest exams.
    And as a for work load with sciences, it's merely impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedAmy)
    Absolute bull, feel like providing any evidence? :rolleyes: It's well known on here that 25% of all passes at A level are A grades.

ReputationRep:
    Friends.
    I am an American IB student and I just thought thats it really funny that we all talk about how students all around the world do this terribleprogram program, but we never feel the need to find out if everyone hates it with the same firey passion. Now, I was just curious, I feel like we're generally mucho more retarded in the US then like anywhere else (don't judge the whole country on me, it's late) but how hard is this for you guys? How much time do you spend on school a day? Do you do a lot of outside activities? Have you seen the IB HL Hitler Video?
    Just Curious.
    ROFL! Don't be too hard on yourselves!
    It all depends on the school and teachers and how everything is organized. I have 3 more months and I'm done. Can't wait!
    Good luck to u!
    And yes I wish I NEVER took it..wish I took the normal EASY high school diploma...I'm applying for American unis and they want GPA! UK unis dont want that...anyway...good luck!

ReputationRep:
    LOL you don't have a clue about the IB if you think A Levels are hard.
    I have some A levels, and I'm doing the IB, and A levels feel like kids work compared to the stress that the IB puts you through.

ReputationRep:
    You're A JOKE LMAO. A level Biology is NOTHING compared to higher Ib, i've got a friend who does it. Your an idiot. That's why your doing A levels.

Edited due to my "Bad English." :P

ReputationRep:
    laughed x3

Additional comment: I would say that GCE A-levels are the easiest exams in the world by far. I think even American APs are harder.

ReputationRep:
    my school has IB and A level students. IB students are in the library for every free, and after school. a level students enjoy themselves in the common room and we can hear their laughter and sob.

i spent my summer doing my extended essay. i have spent the last fortnight doing my TOK presentation, and before that a month doing the essay.

seriously, buddy, do some research.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    YOUR A JOKE LMAO. A level Biology is NOTHING compared to higher Ib, i've got a friend who does it. Your an idiot. That's why your doing A levels.

Yet you don't even need GCSE English to know the difference between your and you're lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sucks to be you guys :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Please don't hate me I was this close to doing the IB too :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    Yet you don't even need GCSE English to know the difference between your and you're lol :rolleyes:
    Or when to use full stops perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    IB exams are in general much easier than A level exams(in terms of how they are marked and what sort of questions you get, theres a lot fewer retarded Seal and Cowpat questions on IB from my limited knowledge of the subject).

During AS our eco teacher had marked HL IB Eco papers over the holidays and said that there was no way in hell any of us in his class would get lower than a 6 due to how generous the IB mark schemes were. In fairness I think only one person got less than a B in that class so it is somewhat biased.

However, the fact that you have so many subjects and so much extra work(TOK, EE) as well as the lack of resits means that IB is way more intense than A- levels.

APs are still the biggest joke, I cant believe they even count as a real qualification, our Bio teacher gave us all AP bio papers just to prove how retarded the US system was and most people in the class just kind of burst out laughing after the first few pages.

IB >> A-level >>>>>>>>> AP

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.