Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    PETA is fantastic. I swear there must be like, two distinct wings in their HQ.

One wing does all the useful stuff, undercover videos and what have you.

Then people in the other wing just sit around drinking latte, thinking of crazy stuff to do next and tricking hot chicks into getting naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfranks7)
    Looks like PETA did some clever marketing, as this is being discussed everywhere at the minute...talk about raising awareness!!
    It doesn't make me want to support them anymore though. In fact it makes me more angry. The whole Baby P case was horrific and they're using it to boost their own profie. Do they not have ANY morals? I'm all for animal rights but why the hell should we have to be subject to what is effectively terrorism from PETA? What if an animal hurts and kills another animal, will PETA step in? Tell the lion to be a vegetarian? What about the various human rights that are constantly broken around the world? Isn't that more important than Obama swatting a fly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley89)
    PETA is fantastic. I swear there must be like, two distinct wings in their HQ.

One wing does all the useful stuff, undercover videos and what have you.

Then people in the other wing just sit around drinking latte, thinking of crazy stuff to do next and tricking hot chicks into getting naked.
    HAHAHA I'm currently stifling my laughter in my office. Defo gets my rep for the day!

ReputationRep:
    I know sex sells and everything but I can't see how

'Sasha Grey says, "Too Much Sex Can Be a Bad Thing," in her naked ad for PETA.'
    'Joanna Krupa Is an 'Angel for Animals' in Her Sexy PETA Ad'
    'Keeley Hazell's New Naked Anti-Fur Ads for PETA'

has ANYTHING to do with stopping animal cruelty. Great, you got some naked hunnies on your front page... how about spending the money on research and actually protecting animals instead of wasting it on pointless propaganda.

GOD I hate peta.

ReputationRep:
    Man I hate PETA so much. They told Ben & Jerry's they should be using breast milk instead of cows milk in their ice-cream, and they are willing to let hundreds of species of domesticated animals die out because they are domesticated (no more dogs if PETA had their way!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    Man I hate PETA so much. They told Ben & Jerry's they should be using breast milk instead of cows milk in their ice-cream, and they are willing to let hundreds of species of domesticated animals die out because they are domesticated (no more dogs if PETA had their way!)
    LOOOOOOL!!! I'm just imagining a factory of post pregnant women milking themselves so we can all have ice cream. Do you reckon PETA was started as a joke by some drunk uni student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    LOOOOOOL!!! I'm just imagining a factory of post pregnant women milking themselves so we can all have ice cream. Do you reckon PETA was started as a joke by some drunk uni student?
    TBH I don't see how crazy that suggestion is. After all, most people don't mind consuming the cow equivalent of human breast milk (which would be more nutritious and better for us anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    PETA are idiots who make the rest of the animal welfare world look worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    TBH I don't see how crazy that suggestion is. After all, most people don't mind consuming the cow equivalent of human breast milk (which would be more nutritious and better for us anyway!)
    How many pregnant or post pregnant women would you need to be a part of this to support the ice-cream industry? How would you milk them? How could you monitor their levels of medications in their bodies? My immediate reaction was 'ew', but even past that, there is no way they could practically do that. Cow's milk is pretty nutritious anyway, and by "better for us", you do you mean what exactly? Do you have any evidence at all to show that drinking breast milk is beneficially for adults? In what ways does cow's milk have an adverse effect on people's health?

ReputationRep:
    PETA is insane.

But the corrilation between animal abusers and future murders is correct. Why not use the pic?

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love their courage though.

ReputationRep:
    how much does it cost to get one of these adverts?

i'm thinking:
    picture of plane closing in on twin towers
    caption of 'Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.'
    and 'PETA are full of ****'

or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    PETA is insane.

But the corrilation between animal abusers and future murders is correct. Why not use the pic?
    Do you have any evidence to back that up that correlation?

First of all, calling the killer of Baby P an animal abuser is a gross misjustice to Baby P.

Secondly, this advert is being shown in the area where Baby P was killed. Do you enjoy having a picture of a murderer staring down at you who killed the cute kid down the street?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    Do you have any evidence to back that up that correlation?

First of all, calling the killer of Baby P an animal abuser is a gross misjustice to Baby P.

Secondly, this advert is being shown in the area where Baby P was killed. Do you enjoy having a picture of a murderer staring down at you who killed the cute kid down the street?
    Source :http://www.caction.org/victims/commu...nimalAbuse.pdf

And also from a person who used to live near us, but lets just stick to the source...

Your first point: He was an animal abuser, ad a murderer, and a sick and twisted being. Your point?

The place of the advert is poor at best.

ReputationRep:
    I can't open that link unfortunately as my computer is hating on pdfs at the moment, I'm not sure why.

My point was that what he did to Baby P is not comparable to animal abuse, in the eyes of the general population.

ReputationRep:
    Throw PETA in a cage with lions.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.