Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm currently a first year and I shall be dropping out of my current university at the end of the academic year and starting again at another one.
    I was wondering what the deal with student finance is.

ReputationRep:
    You'll just have to reapply and pay for the extra year at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much what he said.

I'm in the process of doing the same. Student finance WILL give you funding for your new course so don't worry, and you won't have to worry about paying this year until you graduate

ReputationRep:
    I just read this and i'm doing the same thing, I guess you reapply as a 'new student' then?

ReputationRep:
    You have to tell the university to notify student finance the moment you leave their course. Also you have to fill in a change of circumstance form before you can apply for new finance for the following course. I have done that and am currently on the verge of choosing my firm and insurance choice for entry this September. Headache but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    @pyschocustard , you say that it is definitely possible to get funding, how would I go about reapplying for a loan? I am worried that i will not be able to get a tuition fee loan to start again in the first year of a different course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboynamedCrow)
    @pyschocustard , you say that it is definitely possible to get funding, how would I go about reapplying for a loan? I am worried that i will not be able to get a tuition fee loan to start again in the first year of a different course
    You just apply exactly the same way you applied before.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.