Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what to do i need serious help, i had sex the other week with some random boy i met and now i think ive got herpes, but i dont know what to do as i havent spoken to the boy since and i dont have his number or even know his name i not only feel like a **** but i also think he did it on perpose help me ???!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    oh dear! does sound slightly ****gy! by the sounds of it, you have aids and you're gonna dieeee!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice but i think its just herpes i researched it on google but i still dont know what to do ?

ReputationRep:
    i suggest you... have sex with him again!

ReputationRep:
    Kill the herpes.

ReputationRep:
    yes i would like to kill them but i dont know how and what do i do about the boy?

ReputationRep:
    Cut it out!

ReputationRep:
    Kill the boy and the herpes.

Use fire.

ReputationRep:
    cut it out what the ****? and i would kill the boy but i have no contact with him and fire ? really?

ReputationRep:
    go family planning clinic to get a test done if you're serious. if you got this, understand there is no cure currently.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I don't know how serious this is seeing as I find it hard to believe people wouldn't know the first thing to do would be to go to their GP/a sexual health clinic for treatment. If you are being serious then I suggest you do that. Also use a condom in future, although I doubt you'd consider doing it without after this. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/...364-herpes.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I think I might vomit :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    Kill the boy and the herpes.

Use fire.
    I say use anime fire:

"Hadō 33 "Soukatsui" (Blue Fire, Crash Down): Fires a burst of blue spiritual energy at a target in a similar manner to 31, but over a wider area and with more power.
    Incantation: "Oh ruler, mask of flesh and blood, all creations of the universe, fluttering of the wings, ye who bears the name of man! Truth and temperance, strike but slightly your claw upon this wall which feigns ignorance of sin!""

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: seriously man, thats's naaaaaaaaasty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    :lolwut: seriously man, thats's naaaaaaaaasty!
    Nothing wrong with textured kissing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Nothing wrong with textured kissing.
    It's Angelina Jolie!

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys you helped me realise what would be the best thing to do and i went to the family planning clinic, i felt ashamed but i knew it had to be done

ReputationRep:
    Go straight to your GP in the morning and they will get you a same-day appointment at the local GUM clinic at the hospital. Normally you have to wait for days.

If it is herpes, they will diagnose visually to start with and take a swab. You have to wait a few days for the results and go for another appointment, but in the meantime they give you acyclovir or valtrex tablets to help with the symptoms (these are anti-virals).

Symptoms of a primary outbreak usually clear in about 7 days - 2 weeks.

At your follow up appointment, they should be able to tell you which type of herpes is causing your genital herpes infection, whether it is type 1 or type 2. Type 1 is actually the more common cause of genital herpes among young people in the UK now - the same virus that causes oral cold sores, which are very common, so ignore any '****gy'' comments.

I caught genital herpes 5 years ago. Turns out my partner had a history of occasional cold sores dating back to childhood. He gave me oral sex and I caught genital herpes from that, even though he didn't have a current cold sore.

I was really shocked when I caught it, but it hasn't been much problem since. A recurrent outbreak, once your body gets used to it, looks nothing like the horror pictures. It is no worse than having an occasional minor spot.

Given how horrible people on the internet are about herpes, I dreaded people's reactions. However I've told four men and several friends and all the reactions have been positive. I haven't yet been rejected. I don't see why I should be when it is only the same as a cold sore - it is only because it is genital that some people get so freaked out. In person, though, most people are fine. I don't use condoms with my boyfriend - he gets cold sores so we don't have to worry about spreading it to each other.

Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.