Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I dyed my hair AAAGES ago (like literally a year ago lol) and it has half grown out on me basically. My natural hair colour is really dark ginger, and I dyed it a reddy brown thinking it would just make it a bit darker... but it turned out really dark like almost black! Now though it's all faded and more like the colour I wanted it to be originally, but my hair has grown like crazy since then and half of it is natural and half of it is brown!
    Do you think there's ANY way of fading the brown half? :P it sounds daft I know! I could cut it but I really don't want to, especially because my formal is in a couple of weeks. And I think even if I did dye it, the bottom half would still be darker! You know? I should have done something about it before now lol but hey! Anything would be appreciated! And sorry about the massive rant lmao! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Go to your hair dresser and ask them to strip the colour out and it should go back to how it was before, although depending on the condition of your hair they might have to redye it. i had the same prob a little while ago. got dark brown hair and wanted it darker... it went black i cried for hours but luckily my hairdresser was able to sort it for me xx

ReputationRep:
    Anti dandruff shampoo like Head and Shoulders can make colour fade a little; I doubt it will make a huge difference but might be worth a go before you try anything more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! It just seems to be taking it's time lol. I'm pretty much back to my normal red-headded self

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.