Been ill for three days with:
    tiredness
    weakness
    loadsa phlegm
    burning eyes
    loss of appetite
    can't poo
    dizziness

Had fever with being hot but feeling cold but it's gone now. Head weighed like a tonne but also gone.

I'm guessing flu but I don't have sniffles or the cough.

I would go to the GP but I might collapse :rolleyes:

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    I had something like this, and after about a week it went away, although it took me ages to stop being exhausted. It sounds like some kinda virus/flu-ey type thing. I'd say, if it lasts more than a week, drag yourself to the doctors. In the meantime, drink loads and try and eat a little to keep your strength up. Hope you feel better!

ReputationRep:
    Are you female? Maybe you have a little person inside you.

A virus. :P

ReputationRep:
    Virus. Fluids and painkillers. If still ill by the weekend go to the GP.

I'm male haha. I've been drinking lots of water and carrot juice. My appetite has completely gone; yesterday I could only have half a Pot Noodle and had to chuck the rest!

ReputationRep:
    Pot noodles are not food for when you are sick :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm male haha. I've been drinking lots of water and carrot juice. My appetite has completely gone; yesterday I could only have half a Pot Noodle and had to chuck the rest!
    I look at Pot Noodles when I'm seemingly fine and feel sick. Does that mean I'm ill too?

You've got a virus. Keep your fluids up, plenty of rest, and some ibuprofen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.