Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone taken mephedrone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IheartASOS)
    I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to drugs; I don't really like the idea of snorting plant fertiliser lol, although the new ones do have better names (meow meow, lol).
    I tend to stick to coke, occasionally E if its offered :dontknow:
    It's not actually plant fertilizer. It's only marketed as such because you can't sell it for human consumption. It's only legitimate purpose is as a research chemical currently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    It's not actually plant fertilizer. It's only marketed as such because you can't sell it for human consumption. It's only legitimate purpose is as a research chemical currently.
    Well thats just plain crazy...

ReputationRep:
    Half a gram is all you should go for in a night, but I have done upwards of a gram a week for about a month. Personally the one time I had a bad comedown was when I didn't go to sleep at all the first time I did it. Now I always have a drink (vodka) and helps me get to sleep.
    If it's quality stuff, you will feel fantastic the next day. I came in at 4 after a night on it, and had to be up for work at half 6, and I had no problems. Felt great the whole day. No comedown, no heart palpitations, only my jaw was tender (gurned like ****) and extreme loss of appetite. I could only manage two yoghurts that day!

In Liverpool it's available for £20 a gram - that's the best stuff - I've been getting it cheaper of late, and perhaps I'm building up a tolerance, or not doing enough, but it hasn't hit the spot as much as the expensive stuff. Anyway I got 5 grams for £45 and a bunch of us shared it and it was still a good night. That's the best way to go - share it between a few of you, try it at a house party (or just a "sitoff" ) and it's quality.
    On a night out you can enjoy it but topping up is a pain.

All in all I enjoy it though. And I haven't had any serious side effects yet. It's available and cheap - perfect student ****. The same cannot be said of coke and decent pills

ReputationRep:
    Tried it, its ok. One of my mates got a headache from it though. Another didn't feel anything.

I'll just stick to the white powder.Mandy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eradicus)

All in all I enjoy it though. And I haven't had any serious side effects yet.
    Studies suggest side effects from prolonged or long term use can be delayed. Be careful.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd try it. My friend has become addicted to it and is sometimes so screwed up he has to get his mum to drive him to work - not good! His lips are all scabby and he's generally more isolated.. he does it alone, which is quite a bad sign in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried my fair share of drugs (not so much these days) but I refuse to touch drone with a barge poll.

Studies suggest it is far more neurotoxic than MDMA. There are no long term studies on users health. It has only been around for a couple of years... Compare that to MDMA which has been around for 30+ years...

Basically it could be a time bomb waiting to happen. And as a member of the cathinone family of drugs, I'd stay well clear personally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tangerine Dream)
    I've tried my fair share of drugs (not so much these days) but I refuse to touch drone with a barge poll.

Studies suggest it is far more neurotoxic than MDMA. There are no long term studies on users health. It has only been around for a couple of years... Compare that to MDMA which has been around for 30+ years...

Basically it could be a time bomb waiting to happen. And as a member of the cathinone family of drugs, I'd stay well clear personally...
    Sensible.

ReputationRep:
    Come summer, rinse the mandy Thank God living in Brighton Meow should be all but extinct then except for the cheap *******s, ie tramps and kids buying meow.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this must be illegal by now?
    I used to take legal highs a few years back (i.e - Diabolo and Mindmelt) which are all now illegal. (Class B&C) These were ALL marketed similarly as plant feeder or bath salts if powder. All of these legal highs were banned this january. there used to be a store in my town that sold them which is now gone.... so surely this is actually illegal too now ?

My advice, don't take it, I don't like snorting. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranDJ)
    I'm sure this must be illegal by now?
    I used to take legal highs a few years back (i.e - Diabolo and Mindmelt) which are all now illegal. (Class B&C) These were ALL marketed similarly as plant feeder or bath salts if powder. All of these legal highs were banned this january. there used to be a store in my town that sold them which is now gone.... so surely this is actually illegal too now ?

My advice, don't take it, I don't like snorting. lol
    Nope, still legal. For now, at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Nope, still legal. For now, at least.
    Jeez, I've just read up on it a bit, I did not know it was included in other legal high pills.

I guess I have probably took it. without realizing.
    This must be the last of legal highs in england though, this january almost everything got banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranDJ)
    Jeez, I've just read up on it a bit, I did not know it was included in other legal high pills.

I guess I have probably took it. without realizing.
    This must be the last of legal highs in england though, this january almost everything got banned.
    Well, to clarify slightly: It's legal ONLY as a research chemical. It is not legal for human consumption.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't tried it as i don't do drugs (i'm not anti them, it's just I'd rather not do them). However about four of my housemates do it, along with Ketamine, Acid and magic mushrooms. It doesn't seem to do a lot, apart from give the person loads of energy it seems, and keep them awake for ages. My housemates seem to enjoy it...

ReputationRep:
    Comedown. Felt like my arms could go flailing everywhere in an instant, and there would be nothing I could do to prevent it. Physcologically I had no control over my body. Anyone else experinced this feeling? kind of like a timebomb, which you disrupt by breaking the cycle ie turning on a light or radio.
    I've taken alot of stuff, but the paranoia dwarfed ecstasy and coke.

ReputationRep:
    Also another time I took m-cat I was in custody in a deep deep sleep. I didn't really know the difference between being dead or alive, I was just in a vacuum. Anyway I had a religious premonition. An ancestor who looked like a fuzzy wuzzy but in an aboriginol context stared me out and controlled me with his mind. He could have done anything to me as I was completly paralyzed. It was as though my ancestors were telling me off for being completely reckless.

ReputationRep:
    i found it much like anything else, you go home at 6 in the morning feeling slightly depressed with ****** up lips

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who claims to be addicted to m-khat in fact could get addicted to anything! i didn't think the comedown was that bad, altough the whole experience didn't last that long either (2 hours probably)..
    i don't want to advocate the use of it but probably a good alternative to alcohol on a night out.. but if i had to choose between md and m-khat, well, i wouldn't go for the mephedrone..
    HOWEVER! it's really not a wise thing to drink alcohol AND take mephedrone, and it will have an effect on your memory.

ReputationRep:
    I have never tried it and don't want to, but am not fussed if people do or don't try it. At the end of the day, you only live once so if you want to try it then try it. Yeah, some people have become addicted, 2 lads have died from an overdose, but I don't know them so I couldn't care less.

(Original post by brionyequus)
    I have never tried it and don't want to, but am not fussed if people do or don't try it. At the end of the day, you only live once so if you want to try it then try it. Yeah, some people have become addicted, 2 lads have died from an overdose, but I don't know them so I couldn't care less.
    I hear they died from contaminated drone though, which is why the government ought to be regulating this stuff, to save lives.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.