Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

getting Dissertation written for you ?!? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    I think you've forgotten the six Ps here...
    Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.
    The actual old Navy saying is seven Ps, which is:
    Prior Preparation and Practice Prevent Piss-Poor Performance.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OP, no. If you can't graduate on your own merit then you shouldn't graduate at all. Part of being a student and a professional involves meeting deadlines and adhering to rules; if you can't do that then cut your losses and keep your reputation in tact. Alternatively, start working now - it's never too late but cheating really won't get you anywhere. It will cost you £400, your degree and a lot of self respect though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    It would be profitable to set up these diss sites and then blackmail the people who want to cheat by threatening to inform their uni. I bet you could squeeze each of them for a few thousand because they could be chucked out and waste their student loans. And they still have to do their own work!

An even better scheme is to wait until they got a good job then threaten to expose them to their employer, you could squeeze so much out of them you could retire to a tropical island before you are 30.

It could be a growth industry.
    Don't give them ideas! You may be joking, but I can totally see it happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaz2)
    So please if you have any useful information comment
    1. You don't even know if they'll provide the service and will probably just take the money (as many do)
    2. Even if they do write something, how do you know it's up to standard? What's more, if it's not referenced properly (or is a carbon copy of something already written/published) you'll be in serious danger of being caught for plaigarism, getting kicked out with no degree (and find universities do now what to know you if you apply in the future).

What do you expect people to say? Yes you can trust them and go ahead and do it? As well as advocating cheating (immoral and, as far as TSR is concerned, might be warn worthy) they are unlikely to advocate it as they are sweating their arses off.

Your money, your degree that you're putting on the line, your choice. But I say stear well clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    OP, no. If you can't graduate on your own merit then you shouldn't graduate at all. Part of being a student and a professional involves meeting deadlines and adhering to rules; if you can't do that then cut your losses and keep your reputation in tact. Alternatively, start working now - it's never too late but cheating really won't get you anywhere. It will cost you £400, your degree and a lot of self respect though.
    This exactly, nicely said. I'm working hard to get onto my degree and I can't imagine how soul-destroying it would be to get to that point... And then cheat my way through it.

ReputationRep:
    Someone at university of Surrey (doing psychology) last year approached a site to get their first piece of coursework for first year biological psychology done, the university found out and dealt with it.

ReputationRep:
    I love the way you come online and ask for help in cheating and expect people not to comment. I'm amazed at the number of people who have encouraged you. You don't deserve a degree if you cheat to get it. Start working like everyone else or take time out.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I know someone who wrote a dissertation for someone else. I have no idea how she arranged it though, I wouldn't trust those websites to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaz2)
    Nouvele, thanks for letting me know, didnt know that!
    You are in your final year and you do not know that submitting a dissertation written by another is plagiarism ?:eek: :eek:
    Just how thick are you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flugestuge)
    You are in your final year and you do not know that submitting a dissertation written by another is plagiarism ?:eek: :eek:
    Just how thick are you ?
    Sarcasm, dear.

Anyway, this thread is going nowhere. The OP has received the only replies he/she will ever get.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.