Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Should I end things with my boyfriend? watch

ReputationRep:
    This is really bothering me, because on the one hand I can see things really lasting with this boyfriend, but on the other hand I'm worrying about the influence that his family has on him.

My boyfriend and I have been together for a couple of months, and yesterday evening I went round his house to meet his parents. It was a very nice house, and his father seemed very gentlemanly. I had a look around the kitchen though, and could see that on the washing line, his mother had hung up her underwear. I don't know about you, but I find it extremely difficult to have respect for a lady who hangs out her knickers for all the neighbours to see. Not only that, but I saw that she also had an ashtray in the kitchen (of all places :rolleyes:).

With some effort, I could see myself getting over these things, but when I told my mum she was very adamant that I should get rid of my boyfriend because he's not being imbued with good manners at home and will inevitably break my heart a few years down the line.

Do you think I should end things?

ReputationRep:
    **** off troll

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it YOU don't deserve HIM. I've never heard anything like this in my life.

Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Wow what a ******* troll.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, breaking up over some underwear. I've never heard anything like it.

Oh wait, yes I have.

ReputationRep:
    http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/117000/11...successful.jpg

ReputationRep:
    that is ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    yes, you definitey should end it with him, he has taken all the trouble to intoduce you to his parents etc, you obviously mean alot to him, whereas you're considering leaving him over......well nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh.

I hope they are your boyfriends frilly pants on the washing line, just to sh*t you up.

ReputationRep:
    i think there are quite a few people who hang there underwear out on the washing line but they tend to be older people, thats not a reason to end the relationship as seems to be very petty if you do

You really need to chill the f*** out dude!
    It's UNDERWEAR.
    We all have it!! Stop being a douche.

ReputationRep:
    Trolly trolly troll!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    um... where else is she supposed to hang her underwear to dry? and if she wants to smoke in her own home that's no crime either
    also, you've been going out a few months & already thinking about him dumping you a few YEARS down the line?
    chill out. seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Do him a favour. Yes you should :troll2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    This is really bothering me, because on the one hand I can see things really lasting with this boyfriend, but on the other hand I'm worrying about the influence that his family has on him.

My boyfriend and I have been together for a couple of months, and yesterday evening I went round his house to meet his parents. It was a very nice house, and his father seemed very gentlemanly. I had a look around the kitchen though, and could see that on the washing line, his mother had hung up her underwear. I don't know about you, but I find it extremely difficult to have respect for a lady who hangs out her knickers for all the neighbours to see. Not only that, but I saw that she also had an ashtray in the kitchen (of all places :rolleyes:).

With some effort, I could see myself getting over these things, but when I told my mum she was very adamant that I should get rid of my boyfriend because he's not being imbued with good manners at home and will inevitably break my heart a few years down the line.

Do you think I should end things?
    Get a grip for god sake. Who you having the relationship with ?? Him or his mum and her ashtray ??!! Dont be so shallow and picky.

ReputationRep:
    Wow... I never knew such 'drastic' factors could determine an ending of a relationship *rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    snob to the max! what world are you living?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.