Turn on thread page Beta

what's the least painful piercing to get ON YER FACE! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    So you didn't even feel the needle going in?
    nope not really. I did feel strangely light headed though and I did faint.
    But that happens when I have blood tests/injections too, I don't really feel the 'prick' but I get very faint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    nope not really. I did feel strangely light headed though and I did faint.
    But that happens when I have blood tests/injections too, I don't really feel the 'prick' but I get very faint.
    I really cannot see how anyone can have a needle through their face and not feel it but ok. I've got three in my face and all of them hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    Piercings suck
    I do have to agree.
    I took out my nose piercing a long time ago.
    I just think most piercing look trashy.

ReputationRep:
    I really cannot see how anyone can have a needle through their face and not feel it but ok. I've got three in my face and all of them hurt.
    Everyone has different responses to pain etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    I do have to agree.
    I took out my nose piercing a long time ago.
    I just think most piercing look trashy.
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagne the pain is different for everyone but the thing to remember is the pain only lasts for a minute! Once the needle is through that's it. If you really want it done then go for it.

Bridge is apparantly one of the more painful facial piercings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenement_funster)
    did you have to put frozen peas on it for ages though??

and thats too bad!!
    nope not at all it did swell but only a little!

its a bit difficult to chew with the 1st 2.2cm bar but once thats gone its fine and contrary to popular belief it doesn't inhibit your speaking or give you a lisp i am deffinitly getting mine done again at some point in the future but i gotta wait till i move out haha =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Face is for wimps. Nipple piercings ftw!
    I have my nipple done!

OP, I can probably give you a good answer as I have had my lip done twice (lower lip on the side and top lip on the side), my nose done and my tongue done.

I'll give 'em a rating for you:
    Tongue: 7/10
    Lower Lip: 8/10 (had to take this one out)
    Nose: 7.5/10
    Top lip: 7/10.

All piercings hurt, but the final result is well worth the pain, I had ALL of my piercings done without any numbing agent, and I loveee them [:

I've had two piercings done in a row before, they're really not that bad. I had my belllybutton re-done (previous piercing rejected because the piercing shop I went to before cocked it up) and then I had my nipple done ^_^

I hope this helps, you can PM me with any piercing questions if you like [:
    Jess xx

ReputationRep:
    My nose and eyebrow were absolutely fine. Lip was quite painful. To be honest, having a hole pierced through your body is gonna hurt - just be brave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    wow how much would tongue piercing hurt, is it worse than a kick in the crotch??

it doesn't hurt at all i want to get mine done again as i had to get rid due to parents
    i didn't even feel it the woman was like its done and i was like ohh ok but i guess people feel pain differently

ReputationRep:
    Nice.
    yup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >RazorImages<)
    I have my nipple done!

OP, I can probably give you a good answer as I have had my lip done twice (lower lip on the side and top lip on the side), my nose done and my tongue done.

I'll give 'em a rating for you:
    Tongue: 7/10
    Lower Lip: 8/10 (had to take this one out)
    Nose: 7.5/10
    Top lip: 7/10.

All piercings hurt, but the final result is well worth the pain, I had ALL of my piercings done without any numbing agent, and I loveee them [:

I've had two piercings done in a row before, they're really not that bad. I had my belllybutton re-done (previous piercing rejected because the piercing shop I went to before cocked it up) and then I had my nipple done ^_^

I hope this helps, you can PM me with any piercing questions if you like [:
    Jess xx
    really did your tongue hurt? i never felt it and had no numbing agent

ReputationRep:
    i've had my lip done and it took special effort because apparently i have thick lips..

but i think the main reason it doesn't hurt that much is because the body's in schock.
    i've had my tragus done as well and everyone says that's supposed to be really painful, but it hardly hurt at all.

if you want to get snakebites, do it.. stop worrying about the pain, it only takes a few seconds

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I would love to have a lip piercing but I hate pain :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't feel my first piercing either, second two were quite sore though

ReputationRep:
    Tongue didn't hurt at all. Nose was the most painful thing I've ever done and would never, ever do it again.

ReputationRep:
    see everyones completely split down the middle

either it does hurt

or it doesnt hurt at all

i dont mind some pain

just i am not dealing with absolute cry inducing agony!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    wow how much would tongue piercing hurt, is it worse than a kick in the crotch??
    I liked the way it felt. It's kind of a strange tingly moving sensation through your tongue. Only pain I felt was when he poked me a little under my tongue first :yes: I took mine out last year but I'll get it done once my presentation is finished with in two weeks

OP: Lip piercings don't hurt at all. I've had several, my sister has several and they're just a walk in the park after the initial "oof" of the piercing. Septums and twinkles are where the pain is apparently. I was almost sick when I watched my sister get her twinkle done. For such a delicate looking piercing, they use so much force to just get it through.

You are poking a piece of sharp metal through your flesh though. Some pain is to be expected. If you're not capable of handling a tiny bit of pain for something you really want then you don't really want it.

ReputationRep:
    My tongue didn't hurt in the way I expected, it was just uncomfortable. I was more focused on how much I was drooling and the feeling of the clamps than the actual needle. I'd get it done again, if I ever had the need to.
    In my experience, all piercings (besides lobe and tragus) come with some degree of pain/discomfort, but it's all over in a few seconds and worth it. Also, the rush (adrenaline, endorphines... i'm not sure) after pretty much makes you forget the pain.
    Read up on the piercing you want before you get it- www.bmezine.net has many personal experiences of piercing from thousands of people. Make sure you go to a reputable, experienced studio/piercer (this is the one thing that will reduce the chances of any unnecessary pain) and don't let them numb you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I liked the way it felt. It's kind of a strange tingly moving sensation through your tongue. Only pain I felt was when he poked me a little under my tongue first :yes: I took mine out last year but I'll get it done once my presentation is finished with in two weeks

OP: Lip piercings don't hurt at all. I've had several, my sister has several and they're just a walk in the park after the initial "oof" of the piercing. Septums and twinkles are where the pain is apparently. I was almost sick when I watched my sister get her twinkle done. For such a delicate looking piercing, they use so much force to just get it through.

You are poking a piece of sharp metal through your flesh though. Some pain is to be expected. If you're not capable of handling a tiny bit of pain for something you really want then you don't really want it.
    dare I ask what a 'twinkle' is?

(I'm scared to google it)
    :creep:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.