Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering, if you give your name, address and phone number to someone, can they perform a CRB check on you without letting you know?:eek: :confused: (for volunteering work purpose)

ReputationRep:
    hmm. you need a few more details than that to do a CRB check. They are meant to get forms of ID, double check you are who you say you are etc. Date of Birth is needed, as is full address history. Can't remember what else is needed in an enhanced CRB. technically I guess they could... I doubt they're meant to legally. You used to have to sign the paper copy as the candidate. Not sure how the online CRBs work these days, meant to be doing a new one on tuesday though, joys.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....you've been in trouble, have you?

Well, they shouldn't really without letting you know, as its not legal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnopiz)
    I am just wondering, if you give your name, address and phone number to someone, can they perform a CRB check on you without letting you know?:eek: :confused:
    No, you need the applicant's permission.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Whenever I've had one done the form had to be countersigned by someone from within the organisation I was getting it for, confirming they'd seen my ID (at least two kinds from different lists).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Saffire-x)
    hmmm....you've been in trouble, have you?

Well, they shouldn't really without letting you know, as its not legal
    No I haven't, I am volunteering and they want volunteers to do an enhanced check and there is some sort of permission you need to give them fro such a check . I just found it hilarious because I am doing it for charity and now it feels like they re the boss

ReputationRep:
    They need copies of either your passport/driving liscence for starters and other things with your address on, so it isn't likely.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't, I am volunteering and they want volunteers to do an enhanced check and there is some sort of permission you need to give them fro such a check . I just found it hilarious because I am doing it for charity and now it feels they re the boss
    lol

Yes, if you are a volunteer you have to do an enhanced crb check as you could come into contact with vulnerable people.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't, I am volunteering and they want volunteers to do an enhanced check and there is some sort of permission you need to give them fro such a check . I just found it hilarious because I am doing it for charity and now it feels they re the boss

Oh, yeah, the organisation I'm volunteering for did the same thing to me. I found it funny as well but then I was like, whoa :eek: , because they would know everything about me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clair1987)
    lol

Yes, if you are a volunteer you have to do an enhanced crb check as you could come into contact with vulnerable people.
    Very well then, I quit:yep: . They will have to find somebody else to fill in the pill of forms and go through the complex checking procedures cos i m not doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Very well then, I quit:yep: . They will have to find somebody else to fill in the pill of forms and go through the complex checking procedures cos i m not doing it.
    Lolwut? You don't have to do anything beyond give them some ID and details and sign a piece of paper. They're the ones that have to do all the paper work.

As for your previous comment about the charity thinking they're the boss, well yeah, they are your employer for all intents and purposes.

(Original post by x-Saffire-x)
    Oh, yeah, the organisation I'm volunteering for did the same thing to me. I found it funny as well but then I was like, whoa :eek: , because they would know everything about me...
    They won't know "Everything about you". All they'll know is any criminal/police activity you've been involved in.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.