Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

still worried sick(seeing doctor about self harm) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (male 18)erm yeah, so in 30 minutes i have an appointment with the doctor on our uni campus

its mainly about feeling very low after starting uni, and self harming worsened lots, but over the weekend i felt very very very low all weekend, to the point where i just didnt want to live, and was harming like hell, i am feeling more back to normal atm, but i cant ignore how i felt over the weekend, because its likely to happen again, and I'd fed up of being silent now anyway

but i have been panicking all day about the appointment, and i've felt sick, not been able to eat anything, seriously i dont want to go anymore im just so worried that he/she will think its all a lie, and because of that, im just worried that i wont be able to make it look truthful, adding to em not believe me further, why am i panicking so much

someone been through something like this before? make me feel better about it because atm i will just have a panic attack as soon as i walk to reception

ReputationRep:
    I've had a mate like this before. It got bad, really bad when he didnt go and get help. Feeling suicidal etc.

The day we made him get councelling, we saw a completely different person. He was happier, going out more and enjoying life.

Now he is in a great job with a fit girl and has alot more self confidence.

My advice is, don't worry about getting help. Don't be embarrased. Stick at it, and things WILL get better!

ReputationRep:
    Take a deep breath. You won't have to say everything all at once by yourself. If you just explain you've been feeling down it will go from there and the doctor will hopefully ask the relevant questions.

You should be proud of yourself for recognising you need help.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks for your help, but i can't stop panicking, i'm just going to walk in stoned
    bye

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I've been through the same thing, it is really hard telling a doctor about all that stuff for the first time. They shouldn't be judgmental though, and I felt quite relieved once I'd finally done it. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon4042)
    ok thanks for your help, but i can't stop panicking, i'm just going to walk in stoned
    bye
    DO that and risk ******* up how far you've come (by making the appointment and seeking help(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: I've been through the same thing, it is really hard telling a doctor about all that stuff for the first time. They shouldn't be judgmental though, and I felt quite relieved once I'd finally done it. Good luck.
    yeah i had the appointment now, he refered me to a counsellor 2 hours afterwards, feel relieved, but still cant stop thinking that the counsellor thinks im somewhat pathetic, even though she told me thats not the case... i still cant help thinkning that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon4042)
    yeah i had the appointment now, he refered me to a counsellor 2 hours afterwards, feel relieved, but still cant stop thinking that the counsellor thinks im somewhat pathetic, even though she told me thats not the case... i still cant help thinkning that
    Don't worry, the more you talk to her the easier it'll get. You don't sound pathetic at all, and I hope the counselling works out for you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.