Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my final year of uni and everything has gone wrong, if I manage to actually graduate I will come out with a 3rd which is useless to me in the career I want to pursue.

I was told yesterday by my dissertation supervisor that because I've waited so long to get my data I need to find double the participants (36) everyone else has, to stay in the group data 'pool' (despite the fact that others still haven't finished yet). There is no way I can do this as I still haven't found 16.

If I can't find these participants then I basically cant complete my dissertation which will obviously result in me failing the year, having to re-sit the year capped at 40 resulting in a 3rd overall which puts me back at square one.

I've been wrestling with the idea of transferring to another uni, I know that they will not let me transfer into the 3rd year but am unsure if they will let me transfer into the 2nd year, meaning that at least I wont have to re-do the entire 3 years again.

The problem is if they don't let me transfer at all do I just go and re-do my entire 3 years at uni, starting all over again, having wasted nearly 3 years of my life?

I will be 27 by the time I finish uni

ReputationRep:
    1 extra thing: if I apply through UCAS how do I put on the grades for the modules I have received in my 1st and 2nd years and 3rd year so far?

ReputationRep:
    Can we not assist by participating in your dissertation online in some way?

Would a good dissertation not pull your grade up to a 2/1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Can we not assist by participating in your dissertation online in some way?

Would a good dissertation not pull your grade up to a 2/1?
    When I 1st chose my dissertation that was exactly what I hoped to do but unfortunately there is a massive pile of questionnaires that need to be filled in which are being held hostage by my dissertation supervisor who is now not replying to my emails begging her to let me have them.

I also need half my participants to come to my uni lab to take some tests so no online help there either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    When I 1st chose my dissertation that was exactly what I hoped to do but unfortunately there is a massive pile of questionnaires that need to be filled in which are being held hostage by my dissertation supervisor who is now not replying to my emails begging her to let me have them.

I also need half my participants to come to my uni lab to take some tests so no online help there either
    Ah, gutted. Your supervisor sounds like a right ****!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.