Turn on thread page Beta

Help please watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi i really need some help, i need to know how to turn a guy down nicely please! is there any way that wont really hurt his feelings? thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkprincess)
    Hi i really need some help, i need to know how to turn a guy down nicely please! is there any way that wont really hurt his feelings? thanks for any help!
    well this is what i did. I told him that we had to much work from school and that we got to revise and stuff...IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR HIM, if we seperated.

But the problem with this is that he thinks we can get back together later on after our exams..so unless you dont ever want to see him again, i suggest you tell him straight up..

ReputationRep:
    uh oh, i think i read it wrong...turn him down eh? i got a bit carried away,i take it your not actually with him.....just say no!

ReputationRep:

Say he is too good for you and you don't deserve a guy as nice as him.

Why deceive him? Just tell him the real reason you don't want to go out with him, apologise and let him move on.

Incidentally, what is the reason you don’t want to go out with this guy?

ReputationRep:
    i just dont really like him in that way, but im really confused!lol thanks for your advice tho! but i think if i dont go out with him he will be really like nasty dont you think?

ReputationRep:
    i just dont really like him in that way, but im really confused!lol thanks for your advice tho! but i think if i dont go out with him he will be really like nasty dont you think?
    say that you are already taken?

ReputationRep:
    tell him that you don't really want to hurt him, but you think that you're better off as friends.

Really nasty of you not to go out with him? Or he would be really nasty to you if you said no?

ReputationRep:
    no he would be a bit of a prik if i said no!? i might say i am taken, but he keeps asking me if a have a boyfriend! i think it will ruin our friendship but oh wel! have any of you been in this situation before?

ReputationRep:
    no he would be a bit of a prik if i said no!? i might say i am taken, but he keeps asking me if a have a boyfriend! i think it will ruin our friendship but oh wel! have any of you been in this situation before?
    Say you're not ready for a boyfriend ?

lol Yes, but I didn't handle it well at the time

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all of your help! i have decided i am going to say i have a boyfriend, or i am not ready for one! which do you think is better? If i say i have a boyfriend then he will be asking alot of questions wouldnt he!? He has just text me asking me to go to town with him and to the cinema but i really dont want to go!?

ReputationRep:
    Go for the "just friends" line - works every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-shiraz)
    i thought so too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-shiraz)
    yeh......................and he won't bother u again!

ReputationRep:
    have sex with them and say that your threw.Then your both happy

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all of your help! i have decided i am going to say i have a boyfriend, or i am not ready for one! which do you think is better? If i say i have a boyfriend then he will be asking alot of questions wouldnt he!? He has just text me asking me to go to town with him and to the cinema but i really dont want to go!?

Don't pretend you have a boyfriend, it's far too easy to get caught out and then your friendship WILL be spoiled! Not ready is better, if you're only choosing between those two. But I'd probably be honest and say that I liked him very much as a friend but just not in that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Don't pretend you have a boyfriend, it's far too easy to get caught out and then your friendship WILL be spoiled! Not ready is better, if you're only choosing between those two. But I'd probably be honest and say that I liked him very much as a friend but just not in that way.
    just say you're not really ready for a bf at the moment and that you're really enjoying being single. don't pretend you have a bf, pretending you've not got over an ex is a better one, but it's still not great. or just be honest and tell him you just see him as a friend- after all bfs come + go but friends can last forever.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    have sex with them and say that your threw.Then your both happy
    If only i could give out more rep today!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.