The Student Room Group

Help with A level choices...

Hey guys!

On my UCAS I stated that by the end of this year I would be taking 4 A levels and 2 AS's. It so happens that now that I got my offers from my universities, all of them conditioned only on 3 A levels but did not specify which I had to take. Does this mean that I can now leave one of my subjects I was taking to A2 as an AS so by the end of August I'll end up with 3 A2's and 3 AS's. Will the universities mind even though they only asked me for 3 A levels?

Thanks in Advance :wink:
Reply 1
Offers are made based on the information you provided originally on UCAS, so if any changes are made you'd need to contact your universities, and they'd make decisions on whether the offer remains the same dependant on that...maybe email them before you drop a subject to see if it'd be ok :smile:
Reply 2
Geronimo92
Hey guys!

On my UCAS I stated that by the end of this year I would be taking 4 A levels and 2 AS's. It so happens that now that I got my offers from my universities, all of them conditioned only on 3 A levels but did not specify which I had to take. Does this mean that I can now leave one of my subjects I was taking to A2 as an AS so by the end of August I'll end up with 3 A2's and 3 AS's. Will the universities mind even though they only asked me for 3 A levels?

Thanks in Advance :wink:

You still have to ask them.
Reply 3
Yes but won't it sound bad if I tell them I want to drop one of my subjects?
Reply 4
Geronimo92

The subjects aren't in the offer, so I don't think there should be a problem - if they had cared they woulda included them in the offer.

That's just my thinking :o:
Reply 5
Geronimo92

It may do, the only way you'll be able to find out what they think is to contact them, it's better than dropping it and being rejected later on because you didn't inform them...if you're set on dropping it contact them, ask and if they say it's ok drop it, if not continue :dontknow:
Reply 6
Thanks guys! I will do that :wink: I hope King's likes the idea of me dropping maths... cause A2 is absolutely murdering me.... I want to leave it as AS....

Latest

Trending

Trending