Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone NOT had the "cervical cancer jab"? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, anyone not had it, and why?

And if you're a guy, I'm not surprised you haven't had it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't! :wavey:

(Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie)
    And if you're a guy, I'm not surprised you haven't had it. :p:
    Ahh... nuts. Preemptive strike!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had it, because I'm 19, and therefore just missed the vaccinations.

ReputationRep:
    I was upset why the woman on the stall that saids "NHS" had absolutely no interest in talking to me.

Then I realised it was for cervical cancer.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto to being too old to be included in their 'target market'.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't offered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Ditto to being too old to be included in their 'target market'.
    Old people don't get cancer, it'll be right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie)
    Just out of interest, anyone not had it, and why?

And if you're a guy, I'm not surprised you haven't had it. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    Guys can have it, actually.

ReputationRep:
    No, I would have to pay a lot of money to get it done.

I think I was about 18 or 19 when they started doing it on the NHS, and by then I was considered over the hill...

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't have had it done - I was closer to 19 than 18 when they sent me a letter saying I could have it. I got the first two, came back six months later for the third one and they told me that I shouldn't have gotten it in the first place and I'd have to pay for the last one. I did pay for the last one (it was one prescription charge of £4), but I was quite annoyed - if I shouldn't have gotten it then I should not have got it all, not buy one, get two free.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and not allowed it apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marieisfab)
    I shouldn't have had it done - I was closer to 19 than 18 when they sent me a letter saying I could have it. I got the first two, came back six months later for the third one and they told me that I shouldn't have gotten it in the first place and I'd have to pay for the last one. I did pay for the last one (it was one prescription charge of £4), but I was quite annoyed - if I shouldn't have gotten it then I should not have got it all, not buy one, get two free.
    You got a vaccination against HPV, that most of us would have to pay hundreds of pounds for, for the price of a decent lunch.

Don't *****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm six months to old to qualify for the free ones. Which is annoying. Someone I know looked into paying for it herself, and it's quite expensive for the full course of injections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayEm)
    Guys can have it, actually.
    A cervix? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    I havn't, was never offered and is far too expensive to go private and i was 20 when it came out

ReputationRep:
    Not had it, just didn't want it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm supposed to be in the catch up thing but I don't think I'll get it done, me and needles are an awful mix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    A cervix? I don't think so.
    The HPV vaccine protects against genital warts......

ReputationRep:
    When my younger sister was in hospital, i met 4 girls who were pretty much paralysed from the jab.
    There were other girls there as well with not quite as serious side effects, but they still had to be put in hospital..

So my mum wouldn't let me or my sister have it.
    Although even if my mum did let me, i have a serious phobia of needles, so wouldn't have had it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I hope turning down a vaccine does not mean you are the kind of person who may ignore a screening service appointment too. Let us not forget Ms Goody.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.