Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter theme park near completion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/h...ompletion.html

Im soooo excited haha anyone else going/thinking about going when it's open?

ReputationRep:
    You can buy butterbeer there :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Im sure that Hogwarts was located in Orlando :rolleyes:

But no, I won't be going. 1. I don't like the franchise. 2. I don't like Florida. 3. I can't afford to go to Florida.

ReputationRep:
    Think its a great idea! The universal group in Florida has got some really good rides, and is definately worth a visit if there is a chance to.

I wonder what the secret rollercoaster is?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I've been to orlando! Cape Kennedy space center, universal etc..

I really don't think i'd go there for harry potter though

ReputationRep:
    i bet the first day it opens it will be chaos!!

ReputationRep:
    why is a harry potter theme park in America?

If I was J K Rowling, I'd have signed for it to be in England, where's her patriotism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

If I was J K Rowling, I'd have signed for it to be in England, where's her patriotism?
    ££££££££££

oh and I think it would be better in America anyway, the sun will attract more customers and tbh I think they'd do a better job of building it.

its a bit late isnt it? the films are nearly over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    its a bit late isnt it? the films are nearly over.
    Not really. Theme parks still have attractions from movies that are no longer around. Terminator, jaws, twister, spring to mind.

In the case of Disney - films orriginated off of the rides, pirates of the caribbean and the haunted mansion were both originally rides before been turned into films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    ££££££££££

oh and I think it would be better in America anyway, the sun will attract more customers and tbh I think they'd do a better job of building it.
    America doesn't have the feel of England though, and I bet building it in England would have been great for tourism. Hogwarts isn't meant to be sunny! People go to Orlando anyway.

I laughed at the “traditional British food fare'', that's one thing Americans can't do - the "British chip shop" in Epcot is awful!

ReputationRep:
    You'll be able to buy traditional british food fare? Oh boy!

ReputationRep:
    I would ******* LOVE to have a day to run around in there with my frens. Unfortch, a grand distance and huge crowds of nasty kids will probs keep me from ever goin' there f'reel.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    America doesn't have the feel of England though, and I bet building it in England would have been great for tourism. Hogwarts isn't meant to be sunny! People go to Orlando anyway.

I laughed at the “traditional British food fare'', that's one thing Americans can't do - the "British chip shop" in Epcot is awful!
    She's actually Scottish and a lot of it is filmed in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    She's actually Scottish and a lot of it is filmed in Scotland.
    Who's Scottish?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was in Britain

ReputationRep:

I'd have thought it would be the essence of patriotism to do everything in your power to avoid it being built in England.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter is based in england, so it feels just too weird having the school of wizardry against the sunny florida sunshine and american chatter backdrop.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh this looks so cool!! I would deff go to Orlando just for that =D

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.