Turn on thread page Beta

Requesting help for IGCSE watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Well , I do not know where to start , I am taking the Cambridge IGCSE exams via the British Council in Qatar , but the problem is that I went to the bookshop to buy my books , but I was shocked when I saw that each subject has more than one publisher so I am confused , which publisher should I buy its books? Hodder Education , Collins , Cambridge , Oxford , Pearson . . . etc. And the exam is going to be on May/June on 4 subjects which are English ( 0510 ) , Mathematics ( 0580 ) , Chemistry ( 0620 ) and Physics ( 0625 ) , and all of them are the extended curriculum

I have already looked in the www.CIE.org.uk and it did not help me choosing the publisher.

Just to let you , I am planning on taking the eight subjects including the ones mentioned above with ICT , Business Studies and 2 AS subjects which I did not decide yet , so I need someone's opinion concerning the subjects I am choosing as well , as for the question " What do you want to be ? " the answer would probably be " I do not know ".

both of these matters are confusing not only me , but my parents as well , so I would be grateful if you were to help me with your suggestions and what job would suit someone like me.

NB : I am sorry if my English language was not as clear as it was supposed to be , because its not my native language , help me improving it :^_^:

Thanks in advance,
    Sherif Azmy.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I have to "bump".

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me with this urgent matter mentioned above? it is already more than a week and I need help , urgently.

ReputationRep:
    Look for the text that is endorsed by the exam board, if there is one. This will be listed on the front cover. Otherwise, just choose the one that you would feel most comfortable working from. It is worth bearing in mind that it is the specification that remains the definitive guide to subject content.

ReputationRep:
    Check to see if the exam board has produced a recommended reading list. This should help to guide your efforts. Failing this, try to obtain an exam-specific textbook because this should be matched to the exact requirements of your course.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm , I guess that means that I have to return to the British Council for the Exam Board, or the CIE website for the syllabus contents , instead of eating books.

Thank you very much for your concern, helped me a lot.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.