Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sneezing fits - why do I get them so often? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For as long as I can remember, I have always had sneezing fits nearly everyday. I never sneeze less than 3 times one after the other, and just a few minutes ago, I sneezed about 7 or 8 times. It happens in all seasons too, not just summer or winter. I do have allgeries, but this happens too often and just annoys me. Even if it's not cold I sneeze. Anyone know why else this could be happening and how I could stop it?

EDIT: Not sure if this should have gone in H&R, mods please move if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    a quick search on google revealed the following:

Those sneeze-causing allergens include pollen, grass, mold, pet dander and dust mites, says Dr. Middleton. The most common irritants are smoke or perfume, says Susan R. Wynn, M.D., an allergist in private practice with Fort Worth Allergy and Asthma Associates in Texas.

"Colds and upper respiratory infections can bring on sneezing, along with a host of other symptoms. A quick change in temperature, such as walking into an air-conditioned room from the afternoon heat, can also make you sneeze. Expectant mothers frequently complain of sneezing and stuffiness when hormonal changes produce what's called rhinitis of pregnancy. And some people are compelled to sneeze when their eyes meet up with bright sunlight."

i dont know how accurate this is, maybe go and see your doctor if its serious?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.