Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and my lady are looking to go away in the summer and have been on some websites like lastminute etc.

Just looking for some recommendations really..

Budget is between £300-350 each for flights and accom (with half board)

Has to be somewhere hot!

Thats it really, any help is appreciated

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Just booked a holiday with my other half to Turkey in June, for a week.
    It was £391 at a 4* hotel, all inclusive. That was through Thomas Cook.

Not exactly summer but close enough.

Try

www.travelrepublic.co.uk
    www.icelolly.com
    http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    still gona be pretty warm though isnt it? ill have a look cheers

ReputationRep:
    350 is a small budget but me and some friends once drove to south of france and stopped in a hotel for two weeks for under £200 each, try that, if you can;t drive get the train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m45)
    still gona be pretty warm though isnt it? ill have a look cheers
    Yeah, well they say average temperature at that time is around 25 degrees. So we'll see

ReputationRep:
    yeh i did think of that, my friend says the south of france is really nice...and yeh we can both drive.

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty decent budget! Whereabouts do you want to go? Some where quiet or somewhere lively? Do you want to go somewhere far away (longer flights) or not? xx

ReputationRep:
    stuff we'd like:

sit on a beach
    preferably have a pool in the hotel
    be able to go out drinking
    be able to eat (quite fussy so dont want the food to be too obscure)
    not too bothered about the flight
    we've looked at spain and turkey so far...just somewhere with nice people and warmth

thanks again peeps

ReputationRep:
    www.icelolly.com is your friend, get some cracking deals on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m45)
    Me and my lady are looking to go away in the summer and have been on some websites like lastminute etc.

Has to be somewhere hot!

Thanks.
    I found a lot of 4* all inc. for 1 week for around budget (£300 - £400). I found them on teletext and destinations were pretty decent - turkey, canary islands, majorca etc

ReputationRep:
    Try Corfu, Crete, other Greek islands

ReputationRep:
    Check out Travelrepublic.co.uk - you can book flights and accommodation separately if you need to.

Sidari in Corfu is cheap and hot. I stayed in 2star accommodation and was expecting it to be awful, it was fine. Basic but clean and cheap!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this post is a bit random in here but me and a group of 10 friends were planning on going to Haven for a long weekend 'holiday' type of thing, but our booking got cancelled as two of us are 17. We all put in £25 each to hire out 2 basic caravans...does anybody have any possible suggestions for what we could do instead? In the south east region? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Privately rent a caravan instead? Or go camping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Try Corfu, Crete, other Greek islands
    This. The Greek people are fantastic, as is the weather . Im a really fussy eater too but ive never had any issues there, a lot of there dishes are very simple - not to mention that if you go to a bigger resort you will find british bars etc everywhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m45)

Has to be somewhere hot!

Thanks.
    "Me and my lady"

HAHAHA

Bognor Regis is meant to be good for a bit of summer shinannigans :knuddel:

ReputationRep:
    www.lowcostholidays.com has some good deals about too, when I looked for me and my bf we had a much smaller budget than yours, £300 each should be plenty.

Personally though I usually book my flights and hotel seperately and it comes up a lot cheaper. For hotels try Monarch, www.otbeach.com, lowcostbeds.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend are planning to book a week off and just go anywhere in that week. Obviously this could be a bit risky, but its the best way to get a really cheap deal over summer. Would this be an option? Or would you like to know where you're going beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    god, holidays. need.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.