Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got these boots and I love love them! Even though they're kinda Lady Gaga-esque haha.

I've tried on a few different outfits on with them but I'm still not really sure.

Gimme ideas!

PS, they look sort of brown-y, faded. They're not, they're black and slightly shiny.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissTongueTied)
    I just got these boots and I love love them! Even though they're kinda Lady Gaga-esque haha.

I've tried on a few different outfits on with them but I'm still not really sure.

Gimme ideas!

PS, they look sort of brown-y, faded. They're not, they're black and slightly shiny.
    why do girls match clothes to shoes? I don't get it. Surely your shoes are the least important thing in the whole outfit. I mean speaking a a guy, I really don't decide what clothes I wear by the trainers I'm wearing. It would just be silly.

By the way why is all this talk about Lady gaga style? Her style basically looks like a female version of David bowie's style during the Ziggy days.

Sorry to not be of any help, I just wanted to get that off my chest :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Pretty much anything depending on the situation, and your build; you could wear them anything from Jeans (slimmer styles not baggier styles) and a jumper to tights and a dress :yep: I'd probably go for black tights/thigh high socks and a grey or black thigh length dress...but they'll go with anything really :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you could wear almost anything with them. Except for too dominant colours, maybe.
    However, what about a pair of bootcut jeans? Then no one would see these metal thingies and the shoes might even look better when you just see the toe part (while girls ask themselves whether you're wearing ankle or calf boots ).
    Else, what about dark leggings/tights and a dress/skirt? Should look slightly rockabella-like, though.

ReputationRep:
    i would wear it with a little dress and leather jacket with opaque black tight. I would wear like a floral dress though (they've got really nice ones in topshop) but wearing it with those boots and a leather jacket would rough it up and give it some edge!!
    Would look cool with jeggings and a plain tank top for a day look!! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfjr)
    why do girls match clothes to shoes? I don't get it. Surely your shoes are the least important thing in the whole outfit. I mean speaking a a guy, I really don't decide what clothes I wear by the trainers I'm wearing. It would just be silly.
    Fair enough not with jeans and trainers, but for a girl it's much much more difficult. You can have two pairs of black heels and one pair could look great with the outfit, the other could look awful.

In more obvious terms, a guy wouldn't wear flip flops with a football kit. You'd just look stupid, you need the right shoes, ie. football boots haha

ReputationRep:
    Where are these from? They're right nice!

Pretty much anything goes though, at the mo I'm wearing shoeboots with black, waxed jeans from H&M, £19.99.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.