Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GUYS - What is it that makes me not be gf material? Watch

Anon or delete please. Firstly, sorry this thread is so stupid/boring but I'd just like to know if there is something about me that makes me not be girlfriend material and something that makes me only attract the idiots/creeps of the world.

About me:

I'm 19
    5ft9
    Size 12
    Light brown, long hair
    I think I wear nice clothes (Topshop/River Island type style)
    I'm told I'm funny
    I can be a bit shy when I first meet people but it's not so bad that it stops me talking to people or anything
    I'm told I'm pretty and often get attention in clubs etc (to give you an idea about what I look like, people say I look like Joss Stone)
    I'm clever but not overly clever/geeky lol
    I'm kind, have a decent size group of friends, get on well with pretty much everyone
    I go out a lot, to clubs, bars, cinema etc
    I'm healthy, enjoy being active
    I get on well with boys
    I'm not ****gy/don't dress like a **** when I'm out or anything
    I'm independent and sometimes find it hard to open up to people

So yeah, that's basically me. Is there something on that list that makes me not girlfriend material?

I'm just sick of the only people I attract being the players/creeps and there must be a reason for it. If there's something obvious, I want to know so I can try and change it a bit. (Obviously I know you shouldn't have to change for a guy blah blah but I'd just like to know what it is!) My friends all seem to be happily in relationships and I know "my time will come" but it just seems to be taking a veryyy long time and I'm sick of being the one ending up with the idiots when my friends are all happy.

I blame valentines day for making me think about this waay too much! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    There's waay too many threads about needing bf's etc at the moment. Just because you've been unlucky so far, doesn't mean you always will be. What one person likes, another might now so this thread is probably a bit difficult to answer.

Be happy being single

ReputationRep:
    Probably nothing. It's just one of those things.

I've accepted that I'll get a girlfriend eventually (hopefully, lol), until then I'll just carry on as normal.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a nice person but without knowing you personally we can't pinpoint anything really. Perhaps you get into the "friend zone" so the only people wanting to approach you are players who want sex or desperate creeps? Do you flirt with people you are interested in so that they know you want to be more than friends?

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a nice normal girl....but I would work on the opening up bit because thats exactly what I'm like. Exes have told me that at first they were unsure if I was GF material because I'm like a "closed-book" and they said it makes me seem more friend material rather then me being appropriate for a deep relationship. But anyway, thats just one minor thing, just be patient someone will come along!!XX

You're only 19 - I didn't find anyone special until I was 23... So relax and don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I go out a lot, to clubs, bars, cinema etc
    This. Guys can't abide a girl who watches movies in a public setting.

OP, there's nothing wrong with you, you simply haven't met the right person yet. You don't have to be exceptional to get a guy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Maybe you just haven't met anyone. Christ, 19 isn't that young.

(Of course, you're bound to describe yourself in a positive light. What you think of as "independent", some might see as "solitary". Or what you see as "shy" might be seen as "disinterested". I mean, maybe not. But I thought I'd just throw the possibility out there...)

ReputationRep:
    For me? :

(Original post by Anonymous)
    5ft9
    Size 12

I'm sure others are fine with size 12 at that height tho

ReputationRep:
    I've been feeling similar tbh. I was just about to start a thread actually about long term single people coz it seems some ppl are just always single even though they look ok and are nice enough people.
    With me I just manage to have flings with guys before they seem to go off me!

ReputationRep:
    Can you cook
    Do you give good head
    Are you tidy?

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is a "friend zone"? 0_o

I've heard people talk about it before, and I do know what it is, but my point is why do people really care that much?

So what if you're friends and think that the friendship could go further and become a decent relationships?

People think about things too much sometimes. I like simplicity, as proven above. Simplicity = no ambiguity and worrying over nothing.

Also, I'd probably go out with you, but given that I don't know you, I can't say that for sure.

I'm just sick of putting up with immature *****es who don't know a damn thing about... anything, actually. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    What the hell is a "friend zone"? 0_o

I've heard people talk about it before, and I do know what it is, but my point is why do people really care that much?

So what if you're friends and think that the friendship could go further and become a decent relationships?

People think about things too much sometimes. I like simplicity, as proven above. Simplicity = no ambiguity and worrying over nothing.

Also, I'd probably go out with you, but given that I don't know you, I can't say that for sure.

I'm just sick of putting up with immature *****es who don't know a damn thing about... anything, actually. :awesome:
    lol :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    It's probably because you're obviously absolutely gagging for a boyfriend. Boys can smell desperation. So they'll either shag you (if they can, you don't seem like that type of girl). Or avoid you completely because they do rather fear desperation.

Stop looking. Just live your life.

ReputationRep:
    It might be the kind of places you tend to pick up guys? Like clubs etc, are not really (in my experience) good places for meeting long term partners, anyone who is cocky enough to randomly chat someone up in a club is not really my type, you might be the same? I would suggest you need to find new ways of meeting nice guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Can you cook
    Do you give good head
    Are you tidy?
    3/3 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    3/3 :yep:
    My heart skipped a beat when I saw Location: France.
    You have gotten a 10/3 if you weren't english.
    But as you're in france I shall give you 7/3
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    you could add a picture of yourself to make the thread more interesting

ReputationRep:
    The fact you have to ask on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    My heart skipped a beat when I saw Location: France.
    You have gotten a 10/3 if you weren't english.
    But as you're in france I shall give you 7/3
    :p:
    Mais je parle assez courent le français avec un accent pas trop anglais. Mon copain, il l'aime vraiment donc ça va.

Sept sur toi, ouah, c'est bien déjà. Je n'aime pas trop cuisiner, moi je préfère le deuxième option.

La bêtise dans ton profil, c'est que l'image n'est pas toi? Ou que tu vas pas a Eton, je suppose.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.