Turn on thread page Beta

GUYS - What is it that makes me not be gf material? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    Mais je parle assez courent le français avec un accent pas trop anglais. Mon copain, il l'aime vraiment donc ça va.

Sept sur toi, ouah, c'est bien déjà. Je n'aime pas trop cuisiner, moi je préfère le deuxième option.
    If you rather the second option, then your boy friend is very lucky :p:

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a nice girl but tbh without a pic no-one can really answer your question

ReputationRep:
    Sound like my type of girl!

ReputationRep:

La bêtise dans ton profil, c'est que l'image n'est pas toi? Ou que tu vas pas a Eton, je suppose.
    Nope, both are true, well I did go there, not anymore. Although my french may be bad with present/past tense :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    If you rather the second option, then your boy friend is very lucky :p:
    Toujours, mon ami, toujours. Comme tout le monde, non? C'est un femme folle qui préfère la cuisine de la chambre. La satisfaction vient plus vite, je manque de la patience pour cuisiner normalemente. Oui, je suis un peut parreseuse dans la cuisine mais rien des plaintes de mes copains.

ReputationRep:
    Toujours, mon ami, toujours. Comme tout le monde, non? C'est un femme folle qui préfère la cuisine de la chambre. La satisfaction vient plus vite, je manque de la patience pour cuisiner normalemente. Oui, je suis un peut parreseuse dans la cuisine mais rien des plaintes de mes copains.
    Perhaps your friends don't have a very... eloquent palette :p:

I have never met a women who would rather cooking to sex lol.
    However, the ones that can combine the two, well, have my heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please. Firstly, sorry this thread is so stupid/boring but I'd just like to know if there is something about me that makes me not be girlfriend material and something that makes me only attract the idiots/creeps of the world.

About me:

I'm 19
    5ft9
    Size 12
    Light brown, long hair
    I think I wear nice clothes (Topshop/River Island type style)
    I'm told I'm funny
    I can be a bit shy when I first meet people but it's not so bad that it stops me talking to people or anything
    I'm told I'm pretty and often get attention in clubs etc (to give you an idea about what I look like, people say I look like Joss Stone)
    I'm clever but not overly clever/geeky lol
    I'm kind, have a decent size group of friends, get on well with pretty much everyone
    I go out a lot, to clubs, bars, cinema etc
    I'm healthy, enjoy being active
    I get on well with boys
    I'm not ****gy/don't dress like a **** when I'm out or anything
    I'm independent and sometimes find it hard to open up to people

So yeah, that's basically me. Is there something on that list that makes me not girlfriend material?

I'm just sick of the only people I attract being the players/creeps and there must be a reason for it. If there's something obvious, I want to know so I can try and change it a bit. (Obviously I know you shouldn't have to change for a guy blah blah but I'd just like to know what it is!) My friends all seem to be happily in relationships and I know "my time will come" but it just seems to be taking a veryyy long time and I'm sick of being the one ending up with the idiots when my friends are all happy.

I blame valentines day for making me think about this waay too much! :sigh:
    Maybe your just no good at making sandwhiches?

ReputationRep:
    You're one of:

a) Too ugly (harsh, but can often be true)
    b) Too fat (but you say you're healthy and active, so...)
    c) Hang around in groups of girls all the time
    d) Act too stuck up/give off wrong signals/give the impression you have a bf

Take your pick. And change your ways.

ReputationRep:
    erm.....dunno,

I would probbably go out with you, but obviously I would have to know you....

tbh, I haven't had a girlfriend yet...and I'm not really bothered about it atm

ReputationRep:
    Wow..you seem like a dream girl. Don't know what the problem is

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    You're one of:

a) Too ugly (harsh, but can often be true)
    b) Too fat (but you say you're healthy and active, so...)
    c) Hang around in groups of girls all the time
    d) Act too stuck up/give off wrong signals/give the impression you have a bf

Take your pick. And change your ways.
    Out of these, I'm guessing it would most likely be C or D... Only because I do get attention from guys, but they're just really the wrong sort e.g. players.

:sigh:

(Original post by ChrisBan)
    Sound like my type of girl!
    Haha :top:

Nice music choices btw, not heard Dancing In The Moonlight for ages... Listening to it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    lol :ditto:
    The "friend zone" is a category that apparently us girls tend to put male friends into after being friends with them for a while with nothing happening sexually. After being put in the friend zone, girls then don't tend to want to date you as it's seen weird.
    Again this is a theory and not everyone believes it.
    I personally kinda find it to be true though. That's why guys talk about making a move quick before you're "friend zoned" so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'm kinda in the same boat. I haven't been asked out for 2 and a half years since my last (and only) boyfriend, and all the other times before that were probably silly school jokes. It's does feel a little pooey at times getting no attention, I know. Especially when you get some people who have been in and out of relationship since they were 14. But oh well, everybody is different, your time will come one day I guess. There's no point being sad about being single, you'll only make yourself feel crap and might even put some people off. Just be happy and keep waiting

ReputationRep:
    There always seems to be these threads in the run up to Valentines day

ReputationRep:
    Can't be arsed to read through the thread to see if anyone has said it already. But basically you attract ********* because you're not actively looking for a bloke that isn't a complete ******.

I really don't understand why women seem to think that 'their ideal man' will just end up turning up out of nowhere and asking them out, if you expect that then you're destined to be with idiots or alone...

Be proactive, make the first move and so on. More often than not, and especially at your age, you will find that the guys that don't ask you out, and indeed are either very polite or don't even talk to you are actually the sort of guys that you probably should be asking out. As soon as a bloke finds confidence, they turn into tossers, and for some reasons women just can't stay away. I know, as I've been said tosser and come out the other side I think a nicer person, if a somewhat heavier person...

ReputationRep:
    i cant help but feel it may have something to do with the fact that everything you listed is fairly typical of what a guy likes in a girl, so what makes you stand out?
    that and why is everything a positive? surely you have at least one negative quality, perhaps try finding/acknowledging that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    i cant help but feel it may have something to do with the fact that everything you listed is fairly typical of what a guy likes in a girl, so what makes you stand out?
    that and why is everything a positive? surely you have at least one negative quality, perhaps try finding/acknowledging that
    This seems logical.

In all honesty, you seem perfectly fine. I've always found that as soon as you stop looking for a boyfriend, someone comes along, so instead of getting worried, just enjoy yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm told I'm funny
    probably the wrong type of funny.
    you got a monobrow, bro?

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not ****gy/don't dress like a ****"

Here's your problem.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.