Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No idea what section this is supposed to go in, but anyway...

My radiator needs bleeding, but the valve is far too tight - the bleeding key has twisted the metal a bit from trying to unscrew it and now it just slips off. Pliers aren't doing the job either.

Anyone have any ideas what I can try? Any other valves I can use apart from the one at the top? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wish i were masculine enough to be able to answer this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly certain I have Double entendre disease. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Has it been painted over?

You could try a bit of wd-40 to loosen it up plus it makes you feel more manly.

Then again if its an old rad then if its rusted it might not worth it trying to bleed it incase you can't close it.

Remember have your boiler off or you'll have spurting hot warm everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    I'm fairly certain I have Double entendre disease. :facepalm2:
    :teehee:

(Original post by Allthewayhome)
    Has it been painted over?

You could try a bit of wd-40 to loosen it up plus it makes you feel more manly.

Then again if its an old rad then if its rusted it might not worth it trying to bleed it incase you can't close it.

Remember have your boiler off or you'll have spurting hot warm everywhere.
    Nah, no paint over it. It was fine to bleed before, but we got a new boiler put in and the the plumbers played with all the radiators. Evidently the plumbers' man-strength is too great

I'm cold!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.