Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok i was told by my friend that its full of them =/. Guess ill have to see for myself when I come to visit soon. Im hoping your right =)

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of Asians there, usually studying business studies. Being Asian myself, it is a place to avoid. Unless the University was prestigious.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Hertfordshire and I would say that the place as a whole is pretty boring. It's good because it's a 20mins train journey into central London, but that's about it. I go out in Watford sometimes but to be honest it is a bit **** (full of chavs and tacky bars) but I don't know, that's just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_lock)
    Oh ok i was told by my friend that its full of them =/. Guess ill have to see for myself when I come to visit soon. Im hoping your right =)
    well he is wrong :P There might be more asians here than where you live though..

I mean this is london... not yorkshire :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    well he is wrong :P There might be more asians here than where you live though..

Lol yeah i know i live in north london =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    I live in Hertfordshire and I would say that the place as a whole is pretty boring. It's good because it's a 20mins train journey into central London, but that's about it. I go out in Watford sometimes but to be honest it is a bit **** (full of chavs and tacky bars) but I don't know, that's just me
    Yeah i know my teacher said its boring and shes kind of a party addict. But coaches take you london for a reasonable price which is what i will most likely be doing. Not following what you mean tacky bars lol, explain =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_lock)
    Yeah i know my teacher said its boring and shes kind of a party addict. But coaches take you london for a reasonable price which is what i will most likely be doing. Not following what you mean tacky bars lol, explain =)
    Well in Watford there are only 2 main clubs (Oceana and Area which are quite decent on the right night) but everything else I find is pretty dirty, crap music, and Kandi Klub especially is full of chavvy asians. The bouncers also kick you out for anything so you have to be so careful, especially if you're a boy. From experience, you have to be WASTED to have a good night out there. Definitely go to London instead!

ReputationRep:
    Well in Watford there are only 2 main clubs (Oceana and Area which are quite decent on the right night) but everything else I find is pretty dirty, crap music, and Kandi Klub especially is full of chavvy asians. The bouncers also kick you out for anything so you have to be so careful, especially if you're a boy. From experience, you have to be WASTED to have a good night out there. Definitely go to London instead!
    kl thanks for the advice, its quite helpful =)

ReputationRep:
    OMG I hate Watford so much..

ReputationRep:
    It's full of asians and blacks.

ReputationRep:

There's loads of Asians in yorkshire too..
    Mehh, I'd hate having to go on the train to London to go out. Because I'd probably end up drunk and pass out. Having to get a train to get back home takes the piss. How do you get around this?

ReputationRep:
    There are arranged 'party trips' twice a month, where you take a coach to London, go to several bars/clubs and then take the same coach directly home to the uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)

Mehh, I'd hate having to go on the train to London to go out. Because I'd probably end up drunk and pass out. Having to get a train to get back home takes the piss. How do you get around this?
    Drunken train journeys back are quite funny though, you make tons of friends :P I have lots of friends who live in central London, too, so sometimes I stay there. Otherwise if you organise properly, minibuses of around 12 are like £5 each which is pretty decent and cheaper and more reliable than trains.

ReputationRep:
    No where near as much as in London lol so that doesn't count

ReputationRep:
    East London are full of them, walthmamstow is like :eek: (i feel like im in another country when i go there lol)

ReputationRep:
    Drunken train journeys back are quite funny though, you make tons of friends :P I have lots of friends who live in central London, too, so sometimes I stay there. Otherwise if you organise properly, minibuses of around 12 are like £5 each which is pretty decent and cheaper and more reliable than trains.
    Yeah, the drunken train journeys do sound kind of epic thinking about it. Hehe.

No where near as much as in London lol so that doesn't count
    Trust me. Bradford is nicknamed 'Bradistan' - Nuff said?

ReputationRep:
    It's not the most prestigious, but course content > prestige

ReputationRep:
    The plan at Herts would be to get the first train back at 6ish from London.

Thinking about Watford on a night out depresses me just thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    well its up to you i've heard horror stories and I know someone that loves it (computer science he studies btw ) i've applied but I live in Hemel Hempstead so i'm used to ignoring skanks and I'd be living at home!

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of Asians in yorkshire too.
    Depends which bit of Yorkshire. According to the ever-knowing Wikipedia, in Hull, 'Of the total population 97.7% were white and the largest minority ethnic group was of 749 people who considered themselves to be ethnically Chinese.' Bear in mind that Hull has a population of about 243,000!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.