Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi im new to the site, and i have just applied for kirkstall brewery accommodation. It was either that or the new carnegie village. But due to many reviews i made my decision. This was due to the same answer coming up, Kirkstall having more people, being very sociable and in-between the city and where my course based, a at Headingley Campus. Also, with pretty up to date rooms, with floor to ceiling windows in some? anyone give me any positive and negatives on Kirkstall? Have i made the right decision?

Cheers,

Tom - Events Management HND, starting September '10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oggy129)
    Hi im new to the site, and i have just applied for kirkstall brewery accommodation. It was either that or the new carnegie village. But due to many reviews i made my decision. This was due to the same answer coming up, Kirkstall having more people, being very sociable and in-between the city and where my course based, a at Headingley Campus. Also, with pretty up to date rooms, with floor to ceiling windows in some? anyone give me any positive and negatives on Kirkstall? Have i made the right decision?

Cheers,

Omg i don't know which to chose out of kristall and opal court.....
    and ill be studying international toursim management this september at headingley campus..

ill see you there

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Marketig and just chose Opal

Is anyone else going to this Saturday's applicant day?

ReputationRep:

Cheers,

Hi! im also starting in September doing the Events Management HND. And after looking into the accommodation, im thinking Kirkstall Brewery is my best option! Ive not put down my deposit yet, do you know if the rooms will fill up fast?
    And im a bit worried about where it is, is there any good nightclubs, bars etc near by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 001214Ash)
    Hi! im also starting in September doing the Events Management HND. And after looking into the accommodation, im thinking Kirkstall Brewery is my best option! Ive not put down my deposit yet, do you know if the rooms will fill up fast?
    And im a bit worried about where it is, is there any good nightclubs, bars etc near by?

it has it's own bar and shop but that is about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i live in Kirkstall brewery now, dont live there. i hate it, it takes 30-40mins to walk to uni and your all sweaty when you get there coz its all up hill, the rooms are small, the kitchen are okai but in less then a year weve had 2mice, and flys and our kitchen is always very tidy, it is also VERY expensive for what you get, i pay £105 a week! other accommodations have living rooms with teles, and double beds and pay the same, i kirkstall if you want to talk with you flat mates yu have to sit in someones room or in the kitchen on nice wooden chairs. also people say it looks like a prison. however it is good to meet people but wherever you live your gonna meet people, plus te student bar is expensive, not student prices at all. £2.50 a pint and wil probe go up by next year, and it you wanna go town its 30mins away on bus, but taxis are cheap in Leeds that is one good thing

ReputationRep:
    Im torn between Opal and Kirkstall, im doing international tourism management at headingley !!
    Im thinking id rather live closer to the centre and then just deal with the journey to campus because 25-30 mins on a bus is pretty average!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatBrown_x)
    Im torn between Opal and Kirkstall, im doing international tourism management at headingley !!
    Im thinking id rather live closer to the centre and then just deal with the journey to campus because 25-30 mins on a bus is pretty average!!

hey im also doing the same course as you.. an im stuck between the two accomadation... what do you think ps do you have facebook if yes send me a private msg with it

ReputationRep:
    I know im stuck choosing between kirkstall and accomadation in the centre!

I want to be close to the nightlife and shops etc but i dont want to have to be so far away from college and have to wake up mega early to get there in time. And if kirkstall is a 25/30 min walk from campus then maybe its worth actually getting the bus from the centre if its just about the same?

Anyone help? Oh and do the places fill up really quickly?

ReputationRep:
    Kirkstall is pretty sociable
    It is not inbetween the city and Headingley campus, I'd say Headingley and Kirkstall are probably similar distances from the city, and they are 30-40 mins away from each other
    Rooms are standard, nothing special
    NEver saw any floor to ceiling windows in any! Mine had barely any natural light from a small window, amazing room though with stairs!!
    Its alright though. I only lived there for about 4 months and its okay. The bar is alright and its a nice little set up, though lots of hills.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Ive just had an offer from leeds met uni for the international touirsm hnd course, whats the best accommodation 2 stay in, as i have no idea where 2 go view? Ive currently booked a viewing at iq private halls, does any1 know if its any gd?

Thanks Nat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalieb20)
    Hi

Ive just had an offer from leeds met uni for the international touirsm hnd course, whats the best accommodation 2 stay in, as i have no idea where 2 go view? Ive currently booked a viewing at iq private halls, does any1 know if its any gd?

Thanks Nat
    hey Nat it's quite good and they have a deal gpoing on now the deposit is £150 normaly it would be £250 and you would be saving yourself £100 quid and this offer ends on june 5th and also the ensuites are £85 for 42 weeks... i'm thinking to book there myself... but i have to decide fast.

goog luck on whatever you decide. and see you in class this september
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hope you do all end up booking - we've got a great bunch already booked for September. You just need to look at the messages on Facebook and here on studentroom to see what a good reputation we have. The offer does end soon so hope to see you soon!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.